Author Topic: Get previous options back after reinstall *Fixed*  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Get previous options back after reinstall *Fixed*
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:16:58 AM »
I have had to do a complete reinstall to play the Get to Work expansion pack. Everything appears to be fine now however I cannot get my previous game resolution etc back.

A bit of an explanation, I tried the factory reset etc before having to do the reinstall but the bugs were still there - the main one I noticed was wording not showing up in the new career jobs. Hence the complete reinstall.

The bugs appear to be fixed but if possible I want to use the same resolution that I used previously and game controls etc. I have the previous folder for the sims on my desktop which should be able to be incorporated into my game so I can get the previous options back.... But it doesn't appear to work.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

In addition tried to get my previous saves etc back but can't get them in the game either. I'm sure I'm doing something basic wrong but can't figure it out...

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Get previous options back after reinstall
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
Hi, Tigerskin.

If copying the Options.ini and UserSettings.ini files into your new The Sims 4 folder (C:\Users\<username>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ by default) isn't restoring your settings, you may need to manually set them again in the game. I've run in to this problem with both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 where updating the graphics drivers and other system related updates would reset the game to the default settings regardless of what was in the settings files. Once you have the settings the way you like them, take a quick moment to jot them down so you have them for any future resets. :)

The saved games should be in the Saves folder. Copying that folder into your new The Sims 4 folder should restore your saved games. The Tray folder is your saved Sims, Houses, etc. If you have any mods, those should be copied last after making sure they've been updated to work with Get To Work.

Hope this helps, and happy Simming! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
By the way, for anyone else having the issue of no text in the bubbles, I followed the first solution given at EA Answers which is to move your Sims 4 documents folder (to preserve saves, etc.).  Then you find where the game is actually installed and only delete the TS4.exe file.  This will cause the button on Origin for Sims 4 to change from Play to Download.  Click on that and let the game do it's thing.  Once done, move the Sims 4 documents folder back where you got it from and then hit play in Origin.  This fixed the bubbles for me without having to do a full uninstall/reinstall.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
Thanks Flynn, it took ages as had to keep changing them and going back into and out of the game, but finally managed to get the same options, some things just didn't look right graphically (resolution etc). I will definitely keep a note of these in future.

That's good to know Dellena. I've had a few issues with text etc when updates or new packs have been added to the game, so figured I would have to do a complete reinstall - I'll try that first in future.