Author Topic: Sims 3 Game Glitch or loop?  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Rourke

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Game Glitch or loop?
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »
I have all the expansions installed except WA and Late Night. This may not be related to those at all but something weird happened. I had a male character that I sent into the future where he met a female at the community center and went through the whole dating, going steady, engaged, get married route. They both return to his present and work on skills, him going for the master inventing skill. He mastered that skill and is inventing when he sets himself on fire. I send the household to him to put out the flames but he ends up dying and getting reaped. The wife is distraught. I look at her cell phone and she has him there as a contact. Not a ghost contact but a real contact. She calls him and asks him over. He comes over and she asks him to move in and become part of the active household. This is where it get weirder if that's even possible.

He has all the memories of them together in the future, a limited wardrobe as if he had been a NPC, and remembers her cheating from the future but nothing else. And his skills are not up to the level that the other one was at. Neither of them had the science skill high enough to clone a sim.

So, I ask, how did this happen? The ghost of the exact same male sim shows up time and again and the 'new' version appears to not know the dead, ghost version.

How did this happen? How could there have been 2 of the same sim? This is a sim I made in CAS and not a NPC. I hadn't saved the game when they were in the future and only saved the game after the new/same one had been asked to join the active household.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Game Glitch or loop?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:35 PM »
Hi Rourke,

This sounds like a game glitch to me. I've had Create a Sim, Sims duplicate in my game before. What I did to fix it was saved a copy of my Sims family and house, and created a new game to play in.

I'm not really sure how/why it happened other than the game glitched and duplicated the sim.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the Forum, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything