Author Topic: No outside Sims able to come over to my house  (Read 1711 times)

Offline annethecaptain

• Nooboo
No outside Sims able to come over to my house
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »
So I’m having a serious glitch in the Sim 4 (Mac).  No one who isn’t in my household can show up.  They say they’re coming over, or I throw a party, and still no one shows up (and it doesn't say no one came, it just ends).  Same with services like the maid.  I get charged like they’re showing up but no dice.  This wasn't originally the case, it just started happening a few days ago, but I didn't use any new cheats or do anything different, except this one (I think it was something Gilchrest or something or other) dude showed up in my front yard and kept staring at my mail box for several days and after he finally left no one showed up.  I’ve checked a bunch of forums and sites and it seems like no one else is having this issue.  Anyone have any ideas or links I should check out?

Dellena

Re: No outside Sims able to come over to my house
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
Try clearing your cache files first and if you're using any CC or mods, disable them for now.  Start a new game with a new sim and get to the point where you've made a friend and ask them over.  See what happens.  That way we'll know if it's that save game or across your whole game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline annethecaptain

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »
Do you know how to do both of those on a Mac?  I'm a bit of a simpleton about that sort of thing.  I checked online but because the Mac version is so new there's nothing on it yet.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
Hi Annethecaptain,

I'm not a Mac user, but hopefully this will help. These notes assume that both the Mac version is the same as the PC version.

** Make a backup of your Sims 4 folder first, just in case it's needed later.

[Move your Sims 4 folder to some where safe like a usb drive or somewhere on your hard drive, and rename it something like Sims 4 Current. Go into Origin, right click on Sims 4 and select Play. This will create a new Sims 4 folder.]

Get out of the game, and navigate to your Electronic Arts > Sims 4 folder, and delete your mods folder.

To clear the Cache files:

Go to: ----> Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 >

It's safe to delete the localthumbcache.package file

- In the cache folder (Do NOT delete the folder)
cache –> *.cache (all files ending in cache)

- In the cachestr folder (Do NOT delete the folder)
cachestr –> All content can be deleted

Like you mentioned, there isn't much on the Mac version, but what little I have read. It seems like the Mac version is similar to the PC version. So I'm hoping this helps. :)

Welcome to the Forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *