Author Topic: New levels  (Read 2489 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
New levels
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
Hi! I've only just downloaded sims 4 after having a real long break from sims 3 and I am finding it a little difficult. I am trying to renovate a house, and it won't let me put floor tiles on the next level up, even though there should be enough support below. The only way I've worked out how to do it is to put a set room deck on it, then replace the floor tiles with what I wanted. Is that the only way?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: New levels
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:14:16 AM »
no one?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:42 AM »
Sorry Pally... meant to look into this and explain a little about the "room" building feature of sims 4. What house are you trying to renovate?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »
Do you mean ceiling tiles? If you have ceiling tiles missing select the walls of the room and there should be a yellow highlight, click that and there is an option to build ceiling.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
Maybe some screenshots would help us to determine what you want to do and then we can offer some assistance. :)  Building in Sims 4 is quite different to Sims 3.  It can take some getting used to.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »
I think I know what you are saying, and I've found a way to do it.  In the build walls menu, there are shapes right after the walls called "flat" (before the deck pieces).  Use those flat options to build walls around where you want the floor tiles.  You will end up with an invisible room (you have to close it in), and you can lay your floor tiles without ever seeing walls.  I've used this method to build hanging walkways between two upper-level rooms as well as to lay tiles where the game just insisted I couldn't (despite the support from below).

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »
You have to remember that with Sims 4, support from below isn't necessary for floors.  What IS necessary is some sort of room whether is has walls or not.  You can't have a floor without a room.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.