Author Topic: Serious gardening issue  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Serious gardening issue
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
I am still playing one of the first games I started when the game first came out.  It is a multi generation game and I always have a gardner sim. I have dragon fruit plants, bonsai and those space pod plants. The other day I was playing and had game in build mode and picked up one of the space pods and hovered over the sell icon.  Said it was worth over 2000.  I tried a few other plants and they all were different prices, basically over 1000. I was selling stacks of seeds from inventory for over 20,000, mostly dragonfruit.  Well, yesterday, that all had changed. Space pods were back to being 100 each and seeds had dropped in price again.  I assume it has to be a bug.  Should have sold the plants when I had a chance, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dellena

Re: Serious gardening issue
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:32:39 AM »
Unless the very high prices you were getting before was the bug and now it's normal.  Not sure.  You could check the official bug forum and see if anyone else has reported it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:52:07 PM »
I am still playing one of the first games I started when the game first came out.  It is a multi generation game and I always have a gardner sim. I have dragon fruit plants, bonsai and those space pod plants. The other day I was playing and had game in build mode and picked up one of the space pods and hovered over the sell icon.  Said it was worth over 2000.  I tried a few other plants and they all were different prices, basically over 1000. I was selling stacks of seeds from inventory for over 20,000, mostly dragonfruit.  Well, yesterday, that all had changed. Space pods were back to being 100 each and seeds had dropped in price again.  I assume it has to be a bug.  Should have sold the plants when I had a chance, lol.

Were the high value ones sitting around for a while? Someone else on the forum here somewhere mentioned that produce was increasing in value. Since then, I've noticed the same. In the span of a few Sim days, grapes in the refrigerator went from $10 to $13.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:43:19 AM »
Produce does go up in value as it sits in your sim's inventory. For example one of my sim's has Dragon Fruit that is 297,648,52 and 186 simoleons. Different harvest will have different prices so open up the stacks in your sim's inventory and look through all the fruit or whatever to see the range of prices.
As you are able to grow better produce (pristine and perfect) the price will go up. Perfect produce will become the most valuable if kept for a while.
I easily can have perfect blackberries worth way over 900 simoleons at harvest that will only go up in value as they sit in the inventory that will eventually be sold for way over 1000 simoloens each.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 07:46:22 AM »
All the plants are perfect, but every time they get harvested, they are different prices.  Sometimes the dragonfruit or bonsai are 40 a piece and sometimes they are quite a bit higher.  There is no consistency whatsoever.  I hadn't really noticed the prices after they had set for a while.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:39 AM »
Yeah, I don't think any of my harvests are the same as any other one, mind you I haven't tested it to see if time spent on the plant/vine does anything to the price. I just harvest them, check the stacks price, if its a only a few thousand I just leave it in my sims inventory for a while or travel somewhere a few times. A couple of days later the stack will be worth a lot more. So, not a very scientific approach but I'm happy enough to make 20K or so out of a blackberry, dragonfruit or even grape harvest!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
I've also noticed that prices for certain harvestables increase. It seems to happen with every save/exit ot travel. But also when Sims use the mirror or dresser to go to CAS. It can also happen when Sims do space travel, but lesser so. Sometimes, just laying out fruits one by one and inserting them back into a personal inventory or fridge does the same.
In my experience, only low value harvestables declined in value when stacked in a personal inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything