Author Topic: Drastically Different Aging  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Drastically Different Aging
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »
I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any reference to what's happening in my game.  I know that the physical trait extends life in the Elder stage.  I have also found reference that leads me to believe that other factors change the rate of aging slightly.  Some things I've seen mentioned (I couldn't tell you where as I've been all over the Internet trying to track this down) are completing whims and aspirations causing delayed aging and lots of misfortunes speeding it up.  I couldn't find anything definitive on these items, however, only suggestions.

So, what's happening in my game is this ... I created a couple in CAS, put them in a home, and started playing.  When they reached their Adult stage, they were a day apart with him aging one day before her.  I figured she was a little further in her aspiration, so maybe that really did impact it (they were almost the same in whims and misfortunes).  I continue playing and didn't think much about the age until I got notice that he was going to become an Elder soon.  He had 3 days until aging, and she had 15 days!

I checked, and their stats are nearly the same, with him actually having about a dozen more whims completed than her.  However, she just finished her aspiration, and he's got one step left.  I waited a couple of days, and he aged up as expected, except now she has 16 days until aging.  So now, her age isn't just slower than his, it seems to be going backward.

I've not used any rewards, potions, mods, cheats, or anything I'm aware of that would cause her to go backward or stall in age.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Does anyone know if completing aspirations and whims or experiencing misfortunes actually impacts the aging process?  I've noticed other couples aging differently in the game, but nothing this drastic (as couple of days usually by the time they are elders).

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Drastically Different Aging
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »
Did she have any children?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »
Yes, seven at the time her husband turned Elder.  I watched her age, however, during the last pregnancy (and she's pregnant again), and the days were advancing normally.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »
I have a sim who doesn't get older while she's pregnant.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »
Normally Sims don't age as much while pregnant.  This sounds like what happened to your Sim. 

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:20 AM »
Yup, Pregnant Sims don't age at all in my game, so something similar may have happened throughout some of the pregnancies.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:10:32 AM »
Well, I've monitored days in the last two pregnancies (got her pregnant again just to watch).  So far, she's aging the same as the rest of the family, but that doesn't mean that she did with the previous pregnancies.  It certainly would explain why she's so far off at this point as she was pregnant a lot.  Thanks, everyone, for letting me know that the pregnancies are probably the cause.  I don't like it at all ... does anyone know if someone's written a mod that fixes the issue?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
Well, I've monitored days in the last two pregnancies (got her pregnant again just to watch).  So far, she's aging the same as the rest of the family, but that doesn't mean that she did with the previous pregnancies.  It certainly would explain why she's so far off at this point as she was pregnant a lot.  Thanks, everyone, for letting me know that the pregnancies are probably the cause.  I don't like it at all ... does anyone know if someone's written a mod that fixes the issue?

Has this been reported as a possible bug?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything