Author Topic: Will this laptop work for Sims 4?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline zoedawn

• Nooboo
Will this laptop work for Sims 4?
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »
Hi.
Im wanting to get a laptop that works well for sims 4 and room for the expansion packs. Im not very good with knowing what to look for. So was hoping you could tell me if this system would work well ?
Inspiron 15R - 5520
• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM (2.2GHz, 6M cache)
• English Windows® 7 Professional
• 6 GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
• 1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
• 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
• Display: 15.6 inch (1366×768) High Definition LED Display (1366 x 768) with TrueLife
• Graphics : 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M
• English Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 Bit)
• Wireless :  Intel Centrino Advanced-N 2230 (2x2, a/g/n) + Bluetooth
• LCD Back Cover: Moon Silver Switch Cover
• Battery : Primary 6 Cell 48W/HR
• Internal Qwerty Keyboard

Thanks so much :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Will this laptop work for Sims 4?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
Hi Zoedawn,

I did some searching on this laptops processor and graphics card. It should be able handle Sims 4 at medium settings without any problems but may not play well not high/ultra settings. However, you can give it a try to see how well it works for you.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline zoedawn

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 04:55:33 AM »
Thank you so much for the advise before. I have just seen another laptop and wondered if this would be better as it has more gig on the graphics card, But is only an i5 when the other was i7.

Inspiron 15R - 7520
•Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M (2.50GHz, 3MB cache)
•Windows® 8
•6 GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
•1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
•8X DVD+/-RW Drive
•Display: 15.6 inch (1366×768) High Definition LED Display (1366 x 768) with TrueLife
•Graphics: 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7730M Card.

Im sorry if im posting in the wrong place on here too. But thank you so much for all the help.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
Hi Zoedawn,

Here's what I found on the 2nd laptop you mentioned.

The processor is actually slightly better in that it's a 2.5ghz instead of a 2.2ghz = better for smoother game play is how I think of it. (To note: min specs is a 2.0ghz and recommended is up to a 2.4ghz or higher.)

The graphics card should be able to handle Sims 4 at medium settings. However, like the other one mentioned, it may not play well on high/ultra settings. - This information is going by theSims.com forum.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition

However, please feel free to test it on high/ultra settings. If it works well, then go for it. And if it doesn't work so well, go with medium settings.

Hope this helps, and if I haven't said it before, Welcome to the forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline zoedawn

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:30:23 AM »
Thank you so much for your help and advise I really do appreciate it  :), Who have thought buying a laptop would be so blooming stressful aghhh. Im wanting one that will hopefully last me a bit, But also trying to get best value for money. I kind of understand now about intel , But no idea with adm. I also seen this one for the same price more or less as the other 2 could you look, And out of the 3 what would you recommend being the best for the sims 4 ?  thanks so much

•Windows 8.1
•AMD A10-5745M APU
•Memory: 16 GB
•Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M260
•Hard drive: 1 TB

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:10:51 PM »
Out of all 3 of them, I'd go for the i5 with a 2.5ghz / AMD Radeon HD 7730M. For me personally it's the 2.5ghz. That means that hopefully after a few or so Sims 4 expansions and whatever else they throw into the mix, it will still run well without to many problems.

MrsFlynn