Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 18271 times)

Offline Shelliboom

• Nooboo
Starting Over
« on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
I started my first game the day it started, created my own couple.  I would like to know if I can start the game over...delete all the sims in my library so I can begin a new game like from the beginning when I downloaded it .  Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance  ;D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Starting Over
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:36 PM »
Hi Shelliboom,

Yes, you can start over. What you'll want to do is save back (copy or move to desktop) any files you'd like to use in your new game, and do a factory reset, explained in the link below.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the Forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shelliboom

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
Ummmm where do I find these said files?  I am still getting used to 4 and I'm not familiar with anything.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
You can find the files and folders for the game in:

--->Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4

You'll be wanting to look for the files and folders below. The other files and folders not mentioned here will auto-regenerate.

Options.ini File -- The graphic/sounds/gameplay options
Saves -- Saved game files - leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.
Tray -- Sims, Houses, Rooms and Community lots
Screenshots -- Photos you've taken with the C key in-game.
Recorded Videos -- Video clips you've taken with the V key in-game.
Mods -- Game mods and Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
** Put mods back one by one to make sure they all still work.

Again, please do test your mods and custom content as they can become outdated with most new game patches.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Or just save your Sims 4 Folder to your desktop, and rename it current or something like that. Go into Origin, right click on Sims 4 and select play game. This will create a new folder. Then copy back the files and folders listed above so you can have access to any saves, families, houses or rooms you want to play with.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *