Author Topic: Cowplant error  (Read 2030 times)

Offline bliz

• Nooboo
Cowplant error
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »
I have had problems with cowplant.I manage to plant it but when sim try to water it or do anything else with it my game closes i get error saying game stopped working.I have a lot of a custom content so i thought maybe that is the problem.I got gardening one from ''mod the sims,Evolve all the plants vol 2'' Does anyone else have similar problems? I'm pausing on this plant for now,pretty annoying to have game closed every time i try it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cowplant error
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:35:38 PM »
Hi Bliz,

It might be that you have incompatible/bad custom content. The best tips I've read is to try playing the game without the mods folder to see if the problem is still there.

If it works fine, then you know it's one of the mods or custom content. Put each of them back one at a time to find which one or ones that is/are messing up the game.

Here's a link to a topic that maybe of help.

Topic: Testing new mods and CC in a safe way
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21305.0.html

I hope this helps and welcome to the Forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Cowplant error
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:29 AM »
I have had problems with cowplant.I manage to plant it but when sim try to water it or do anything else with it my game closes i get error saying game stopped working.I have a lot of a custom content so i thought maybe that is the problem.I got gardening one from ''mod the sims,Evolve all the plants vol 2'' Does anyone else have similar problems? I'm pausing on this plant for now,pretty annoying to have game closed every time i try it.

I downloaded the same mod right after Outdoor Retreat came out and as soon as I started my game up it was having horrible game lag. I did the whole song and dance with removing CC & mods and even cleaned up some of the cache files along with repairing the game in Origin. At the same time I was grafting plants to get the Cowberry but hadn't planted it yet. Nothing I had done was fixing the issue and the game just up and quit on me a number of times. I didn't associate the game crashing with gardening, but then again I had no idea what was going on. Even when I took out the mod it was still running very poorly. A few weeks back I had downloaded Raptr for my AMD graphics card but it was acting wonky when it was overlayed in game so I shut it down. I did this before I downloaded the gardening mod. So I just decided to up and start it again and had it run its optimization on my game and Voila! it works great again. I just turned the overlay off so it doesn't pop up in game but it still manages the graphic resources (I believe that is what it does) very well. It's running like new again even though I have a handful of mods and a good bit of CC. Not sure if this helps at all but from what I can tell if there is anything that can help with the optimization and management of the graphics while the game is actually running it could possibly correct minor issues in performance.

anything