Author Topic: Mixology  (Read 21835 times)

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mixology
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »
So it does something different than just the ordinary focused drink?

Sorry, I meant it as the drink that is automatically unlocked when leveling the Mixologist skill but requires focused to make. Similar to how sims (without the Expressionistic reward trait) can only paint mathematical diagrams when focused. Not sure if there are any other such drinks that require Focused to make, I don't yet have a mixologist sim.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
Not sure if there are any other such drinks that require Focused to make, I don't yet have a mixologist sim.

No there are no other drinks a mixologist can make when focused. I'm wondering if there are other emotional state dependent drinks that are still to be discovered though. As soon as I have time I'll test to see.

Thanks for all the file info. Knowing about keeping a mixologist at level 9 of the career as made it an almost 'certain' to get the Snaggle Fluster. I just wish I'd known this a few months earlier.... honestly, you wouldn't believe the hours I've spent on the mixology skill!
Still, least I'm starting to find some interesting drinks I guess.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
Holidays have kept me busy this week, but I know I will be able to make heavy edits to the site soon. I have to do that and get the collecting info out for the visitors, so thanks for all the extra info here. Just wanted to let you know it's not something I'm forgetting. Just tied up.

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
Carl, the crib sheet on my signature has some of the info compiled if it helps any.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
Gosh Carl, I never expected you to change things any time soon! You have done an amazing job with the Sims 4 site, the amount of info you have collated, prepared and posted is HUGE!  :)
I've just been rambling on about my 'new' fav skill.  ;)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »
@Playalot thanks for the huge compliment; I didn't mean anything by that. I think when I post like that sometimes I'm feeling guilty for not putting out new content. I've had some massive distractions with the server the past 30 days. We had thousands of visits by bots that I had to contend with. I do want people who don't know us so well to realize I'm still in this to complete the Guide, just not being 100% effective at times. There are plenty of distractions in life and this career choice, for sure! I do expect to get to finally edit some things soon. I realize no one was rushing me nor trying to overwhelm me with info, in fact I appreciate everything mentioned here because I can come back to it when I'm ready. It is very helpful to the process since I can't experience everything in the game. I think I will try to avoid words like 'tomorrow' or 'this week' so I don't feel like I'm breaking promises to myself or others ;)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
@Playalot I got the information on Snaggle Fuster incorporated into the Guide. Before I went further with Outdoor Retreat, I wanted to check this off my list of edits because I was so mean to the Mixology Skill as a whole. I look forward to trying this drink out myself and might find Mixology to be more important as a result. Actually, even without that, Amygdelight's powerful effects seem to be worth the effort of raising Mixology :) Thank you for providing so much information, along with @DarkWalker

I gave both credit in the guide and noted the possibility it comes up only at level 9 so that players are more likely to be able to get this drink. I would have never known if you hadn't shared, so truly appreciate the contribution.

Edit: oh yes, I also pointed out that leveling Mixology is really going to be helpful to leveling other skills thanks to the emotion-specific drinks. I am glad to share this is much better than I thought it was.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
@Carl , awesome to be able to contribute even in a small way. That Snagglefluster is such a great skill boosting drink for sure!

Just to note though that since the Dec patch the Amygdelight drink can be made at level 1 skill of mixology when your sim is in the focused mood.  :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 09:21:47 PM »
That's....weird. it seems overpowered with what DarkWalker said it does... to not even need to level but just move some chess pieces and make it seems quite the advantage. They sure are changing more this time around. It makes things challenging, but I like it making the game better. That is just a strange change, don't you think?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 03:48:23 AM »
That's....weird. it seems overpowered with what DarkWalker said it does... to not even need to level but just move some chess pieces and make it seems quite the advantage. They sure are changing more this time around. It makes things challenging, but I like it making the game better. That is just a strange change, don't you think?

I thought it was a very strange change indeed!  I actually keep forgetting to use the Anygdelight now its available earlier! I guess its to compensate for harder career levelling? Maybe?

If anything perhaps the Snaggle Fluster needs to be available earlier in the mixology career as it now takes so long for a sim to get to level 9.  Still, its a great drink for generational games. Possible The best drink  ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 09:22:57 AM »
Also an Inspired sim can make Prose & Pop for $80 without any skill in Mixology and a Flirty sim can make a Cupid drink. It takes them a long time, though. There doesn't seem to be a confident drink, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
I moved those around in the recipe table, but made a backup of the file just in case these turn out to be accidentally available too early. Thanks for letting me know, and certainly do if they go back to where it seems they belong.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 04:18:21 PM »
Also an Inspired sim can make Prose & Pop for $80 without any skill in Mixology and a Flirty sim can make a Cupid drink. It takes them a long time, though. There doesn't seem to be a confident drink, though.

@MarianT  Drinking a Flaming Zesty Salt $18 will give you a +1 confident moodlet for 4 hrs   :)