Author Topic: Excited for the new game pack?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Excited for the new game pack?
« on: December 25, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Hi all!

I recently saw the announcement of the new game pack for January 2015. It appears to be something more than the previous 'stuff packs', but not as much as a complete expansion. At least, that's what I understood.

Are you excited about it? I'm probably going to get it, but the camping theme isn't my most favorite one. I wonder why they choose to do something like this as the first gamepack/stuffpack/expansion.

I hope it will add some nice new gameplay features. And I think the december update was a set-up to the game pack, since we can get time off all of a sudden. Anyway, I'm curious about it :)

What do you think?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Excited for the new game pack?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »
At least as explained, the Game Packs are supposed to have a bit more content than 'Stuff Packs' (which was primarily new clothing, items, etc.).

And we will definitely see more Expansion packs, but usually the first Expansion pack comes out about 6 months after the base go (if you go with trends established in Sims 2 and Sims 3)

I wonder why they choose to do something like this as the first gamepack/stuffpack/expansion.

I would have to dig up the tweet, but SimGuruGrant did say this was a bit of an experiment as well.  If it does well, they can do more Game Packs. 

But yeah, I'm looking forward to it :)  Not that camping is necessarily a big deal to me, but I was pleased when they said you could visit Granite Falls like a vacation destination.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
I'm pretty excited by it but then I like to build and a lot of the stuff will give new outlets and new looks for our houses, whether in Granite Falls or one of the "towns".  I really love the idea of camping and finding new things in the wilderness as camping has always been something I've loved all my life.  Now my health limits me to staying at home or posh hotels, (which I can't afford), so virtual camping is going to be a great outlet for me.  I really like the looks of the new stuff too, and that's only after looking in the build section.  Haven't checked out any new clothes or skills yet.

EDIT:  I just explored Granite Falls via build/buy mode and I must say I'm impressed.  First of all it very much reminds me of home, namely here in the Northwest, Oregon.  Tall trees, shrubs, wildflowers, streams, and more.  Many camp homes that appear to be rentals.  These are all well laid out and attractive in a homey-woodsy way.  Every home has it's various amenities including a horseshoe pit, fire places, nice scenic areas to just sit and chat or build a bonfire in.  I didn't try it but it appears at first glance that the "campground" and "State Park" only have one spot where you can pitch a tent, like a regular lot would be.  Haven't actually played it so don't know for sure.  There are fishing spots, dig sites, rest rooms and a lot more even at first glance.  I've not been really happy with Sims 4 right from the start and have struggled to enjoy playing it.  I think this new area will definitely tilt it over to the fun side once again.  I'm thinking this was well worth the price.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dharmagoddess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »
I spent far too little time in Granite Falls, but I think it's going to be a nice addition once I have time to really explore.

anything