Author Topic: Can't load households  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
Can't load households
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »
I just started playing a new family today. I made then in CAS then put them on an empty lot. It didn't load so I clicked on the play button then it loaded but then returned to the map. I moved them onto another lot that was always a residential and never had a building on it. The same thing happened. I tried this about 3 more times before I gave up and shut down. Is there a cause? Do you think it was because there was a community lot from the gallery on that same lot? I bulldozed it though and changed it from a generic lot to a residential so I don't know why this is happening. I also got the Christmas stuff and I read somewhere that it may be the cause along with the new update. Is there a fix?

Edit: This is only happening to one family in Willow Creek

Thanks in advance :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Can't load households
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
I've got the same problem with my legacy family. None of the saved legacy files will work (I make multiple saved files in case I need a back up)

You click on play family, the loading screen comes up, then sends you back to the world screen.

It seems its not just us if you do a quick internet search  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »
Yes I've seen on multiple websites. Lots of people are complaining about this problem. I hop they fix it soon.
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:45 AM »
Me too, I'm having withdrawal symptoms already  :-\

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
I've already switched to playing the sims 3. At least I can actually play over there. Whenever one of them is problematic I go to the other. It's great having multiple games :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »
This is a known and common bug that was introduced with the December patch. Best advice I've read is to backup your old saves and start a new game. Don't play any older game saves or download anything from the gallery for the time being including the other stuff.

From what I understand, EA/Maxis is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

Crinrict has a little write up about it. You can read it via the link below.

Loading a family just reloads the map
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Edited Information:

I've recently read more information that may be of help. I added it to the stickied post in Misc. Help

Re: Loading a family just reloads the map
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22597.msg399922.html#msg399922
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. I paid $90 for a game that I can't even play anymore. I too have gone back to Sims 3, although I played that for about 15 minutes and got bored, and some of my old saves seem to be missing from that (although I may have delete them and just can't remember). I'm so glad I have back-up saves for when they fix this problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.