Author Topic: Should I not play old saves until another patch?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Should I not play old saves until another patch?
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
In my Sims game, it is a save from when I first got the game. It's a multi-generational game and swap households a lot. A lot of the other households are sims I created rather than the game generated households.
I have been reading about the problems with loading older save games etc since the last patch. I don't want to lose this save. Should I just not play it until the problem is fixed? I always back up my saves before installing a patch, and I have played it since without any problems, but now I don't want to risk it.
If I start a new game to play, should I remove all the save files first?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Should I not play old saves until another patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:51 AM »
Hi Stormi71,

It's hard to really say if you should or shouldn't play older save games. I've just gone by what's being recommended - which is no.

But if you've got a backup of them in a safe place. Then I say it maybe worth a try. Yes, definitely backup all your current saved games before putting any old game saves in. Just for safe keeping.

I've been doing a little research on this bug lately. And found a possible solution.

If you are unable to play your households this may help you.

1. Go to documents > Electronic Arts
2. Backup the folder "The Sims 4" (just in case you need it again)
3. Now go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves
4. Delete the base save file (For me this would be "Slot_00000001.save")
5. Remove the ".ver4" extension from the file "Slot_00000001.save.ver4"
6. Now open The Sims 4 and see if it works.

Note: I did this on every save file, not just one.

Note: Your save file may have a different name, likely defined by you. The important part is deleting the base save file and removing the ".ver4" extension from the file with the same name as the base file.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Should I not play old saves until another patch?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:14:31 AM »
Thanks for that. I have played a little bit since the patch, not much though, but haven't encountered any problems. I think I'll play 3 for a bit, especially as my 9 year old daughter bought me the movie stuff pack.