Author Topic: Deleting from the Gallery...  (Read 2512 times)

Offline MystyGirl

• Nooboo
Deleting from the Gallery...
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:36:33 PM »
I wasn't certain where this question should be posted, but this looked like the best place for it! This may be a rather dumb question, so please bear with me, I just want to make absolutely certain before I do anything...

Earlier today, I made a room for twin boys that I shared to the Gallery, fully tested and ready to go. It got its first download in less than a minute, I was so proud! But then, when I went to place it on another lot for my own use, I noticed that even though they're in the preview picture, the curtains didn't load in the room for some reason (at least they don't in my own game). I didn't use any CC or debug items, though I did use the move objects cheat to get the beds and one table into place. So, I loaded the room onto an empty lot and replaced the curtains, saved it to my library and tried it again -- everything looks just as I wanted it to!

I'm not even certain if the disappearing curtain problem was only something on MY end, or if it's an issue anyone who downloaded the room is going to end up facing with it, so to be safe, I thought I would simply replace the original room with the updated version. But there doesn't seem to be any way to do that without deleting/unsharing the original, and I'm wondering what would happen if I did either of those...would the players who downloaded it lose the room? Is there any way of letting them know that I've updated it?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Deleting from the Gallery...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:56:19 AM »
Once something is downloaded, it's in their library.  So, no, they wouldn't use it.  As far as letting them know you've updated, there really isn't a way unless you rename your creation as the same title and just add "Updated" to it or something.

I'm not quite sure what to say about the actual problem itself.  I haven't quite figured out the rooms yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MystyGirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
Thank you so much! I went ahead and replaced the original with the new version, adding in a note that it was updated. I think the problem had to do with my game crashing right after I'd shared it, so more than likely it was just a bug of some kind on my end. I just didn't feel right leaving it to chance!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
Completely understandable.  And yeah, game crashing can certainly cause some issues.