Author Topic: Moving Adult Children  (Read 2242 times)

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
Moving Adult Children
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
I want to move a young adult child to his own house so I can still play him. I know this is supposed to be possible in Manage Worlds, but so far all I can to do move him into the played Sims list. I don't get an option to move him into his own house/lot. Does anyone have some experience with this?

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Moving Adult Children
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
First go to manage worlds and select "Manage Households" menu. Choose your household and "Transfer Sims Between Households."  It will take you to another menu (Household Split and Merge), from there click the "Create New Household" button at the top right side and move over the individual Sim. Then click the check. Now you've moved out the sim from the original household, but he still needs his own home. You mentioned that you figured out how to do this part already.

Still in Manage Households, click on the Individual Sim who should now be appearing in he Played Households list on his own. A small menu should pop up with him and his household information. At the bottom, select the button that says "Move Household into Lot." Click that and move him into any home you want. Now anytime you load the save, you can choose which household to play and switch back and forth between the family and the individual.

...That's pretty long and confusing, sorry. I'll try to edit it and add screenshots later to make it more clear. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 07:45:46 AM »
It is definitely very confusing trying to work it out yourself. I had to look at instructions on how to do it the first time, as I was scared I'd accidentally delete the same. Once you do it the first time, it's pretty easy after that. It just seems like a complicated way to move someone into their own house.

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:27:06 PM »
I did finally get this work for me. Thanks for the help ManiSims. I miss being able to use the phone to move ala Sims 3. It would be really nice to be able to use the phone move out the grown-up kids.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:25:53 AM »
Agreed. It's pretty confusing this way, but I've had to do it three or four times and eventually you get the hang of it.

And no problem :D