Author Topic: Outdoor Retreat Miscellaneous Additions (Collectibles, Aspirations etc.)  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Outdoor Retreat Miscellaneous Additions (Collectibles, Aspirations etc.)
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 04:20:59 PM »
I will be sure to mention that when I do the guide to the game pack and vacationing there. I just tested and see it is quite large, so you can definitely do some interesting builds there.

This is a frustrating day, because I want to get the insect list done but the forest makes me physically ill on my monitor. Every time I spend 5-10 minutes scanning around, I start to get sick to my stomach and have to leave the game for a while until it passes. Collecting is certainly not for me, but I'm only missing one insect so should be able to get the prices together. If it takes too long, I'm just going to cheat.

I'd love to make people a map of spawner locations in the national park but think it's only feasible with something like create-a-world where I could see the spawners themselves. There also aren't very many landmarks to help people figure out where something is located, and who's to say each spawner is always active. Anyway, finishing the collection is just a lot of luck because you may find all the rares and end up stuck waiting on a common to come to one of the spawn points, just as I am.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
My next article is an overview of the GP's features, and using this information will help so that I can be sure and let people know how many traits/rewards/etc. are in the GP. It will also help as an interim until I am done with all the miscellaneous edits.  I am unlikely to get this overview out today, as I will have my nephews and niece over quite a while, but expect it should be fine for publication by tomorrow evening. This piece will cover camping in Granite Falls and contain all the basic information about vacationing there, while also serving as a "What you get when you buy it" type of deal. At this rate, all major coverage of the GP will be done by next week and I can resume covering Vanilla, which is still quite far from done given the need to cover event types and ghosts.

With TS3, we were not done with Vanilla by the time we got our first EP due to a late start. Looks like it could be nearly finished this time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
I am so glad i got that out. Now to spend some time with those kids :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart, @Nutella . Next I will just do basic editing to get the info into fishing, handiness, etc. while I await Metro's article.

Gotta get a rewards page up soon. We need a whole section on social events, and I'm glad there is already some info here on the Forum for that, which might save me some time on it... cuz that's gonna be a lot of parties!  ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
Now to get those Fish and new Trait into the Guide :)

Edit: Got that done. All that's really left are the cooking recipes and handiness. Those will be done tomorrow, then I am back on covering Vanilla, which is pretty far from done given the need to finish collecting and all of the party types.