Author Topic: Note about Career Requirements  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Sedora

• Nooboo
Note about Career Requirements
« on: December 31, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
Hey there! I was browsing your website today and saw some discrepancies, which I'm assuming came from the 12/16 re-haul of career requirements that EA did, and thought I'd be a bit more detailed about them so you knew what to look for.

I recently started a Sim in the Secret Agent career. I was looking up information ahead of time via your guides so I knew what traits and things to grab for my sim. But, turns out they are a bit more inaccurate than the note at the top of the page states.

For instance, the ideal mood for starting the career is no longer Confident, it is now Focused. At level 1 in the career you need to do intelligence research, but as soon as you get promoted you have to start browsing the intelligence database. I had grabbed self-assured on my Sim assuming that the early stages of the career were still requiring the confident mood and that helps by giving a moodlet now and then. It isn't going to ruin my game or anything so I'm not coming to give the information in a grump, just wanting to let you know just how wide an arc of difference from the original the career is now. I'll edit my post with more information as I get farther into the career.

It also seems that there are NO relationship requirements for any careers at any stage in the career now as well. I had been using a mod to nullify them but the creator marked it obsolete and said that relationship requirements had been completely eliminated with the 12/16 update.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Note about Career Requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:17:57 PM »
I did go through promotion requirements and tried to get the ideal moods recorded, but it seems I made some mistakes. I will be going back through each career to check for errors in coming weeks. Thank you for highlighting the issue and making sure I am aware of how much has changed :)

When the notice at the top is pulled from each page, it'll mean I'm done with that one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything