Author Topic: Hacking Work Performance Successfully  (Read 34160 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Hacking Work Performance Successfully
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:10:33 AM »
Hacking work performance is an ability that can be gained at programming level 8.  I assume that having programming level 10 and being very focused would increase the chance of a successful hacking, but my Sim still often fails.  Has anyone figured out other ways to increase the odds of a successful hacking?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Hacking Work Performance Successfully
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 03:53:41 AM »
I can't verify this for fact, but what I started doing was hack work performance once, then hack one of the other options, then tried to hack work performance again and that seemed to work.  But again, only tested once or twice so can't absolutely say that it would work all the time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:09:54 AM »
Thanks for your quick response, Shewolf13.  I'm confused about your answer, though.  I believe you can only hack work performance once every 24 hours.  Are you saying you started hacking work performance, canceled and hacked something else, and then hacked work performance again? 

Edit:  I just tried this strategy, and my first attempt was a failure.  That doesn't mean that the chances aren't increased, but I'm not off to a good start with it.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:31 PM »
Oh, sorry.  Yeah, I wasn't very clear.  I mean.  I hack something else first, like the Lothorio Trust Fund.  Then I'll try the work performance until I finish it entirely.  Then I'll try something else.  Back to work performance.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:25 AM »
Sorry, but I still don't understand.  Do you mean the next day you hack something else, after hacking work performance?  I don't know how else this would work since you can only hack work performance once a day.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »
Yes, if you hack work performance on say Sunday.  I recommend instead of just hacking work performance as soon as it's available again, try hacking one of the other things you can hack first, then try the Work performance again.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
This hasn't seemed to affect my Sim's chances much, but it was worth a try.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:12 AM »
Sorry about that, like I said, I hadn't tested it extensively, but it seemed to be more successful for me if I didn't hack it immediately after it was available again.

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »
There's a computer upgrade you can get from the handiness skill (IP Spoofer) which increases the chance of a successful hack. You might want to try that if you haven't already.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 03:51:05 PM »
Thanks MegaTank.  I do have the IP spoofer, but still only succeed half the time. 

I also tried doing as much hacking as possible to see if that would raise my chance of success, but it didn't seem to.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 01:09:47 PM »
I have found that if my sim is Very Focused and has really high needs then hacking work performance is successful every time. She often has moodlets that stack up to around focused 12+ or even higher as I used room environment plus eating harvestables (which when they are of different quality will stack up rather then cancel each other out). She hasn't ever hacked anything else, just because the household doesn't need the money and I'd rather my sim be doing something else and yet she has never failed to successfully hack work performance.

Her traits are loves the outdoors, good and neat. So she isn't ideal for the tech guru career but with good moodlets a sim can do anything!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
I have found that if my sim is Very Focused and has really high needs then hacking work performance is successful every time. She often has moodlets that stack up to around focused 12+ or even higher as I used room environment plus eating harvestables (which when they are of different quality will stack up rather then cancel each other out). She hasn't ever hacked anything else, just because the household doesn't need the money and I'd rather my sim be doing something else and yet she has never failed to successfully hack work performance.

Her traits are loves the outdoors, good and neat. So she isn't ideal for the tech guru career but with good moodlets a sim can do anything!
Thanks, Playalot.  I'll give that a try and see if it works for me.  I had figured one very focused was the same as another and that the number of pluses beyond that wouldn't matter.

Edit:  I've tried this several times now, and it does seem to improve the chances for me.  It doesn't work all the time, though.