Author Topic: Items in A Stack & Other Bugs  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Items in A Stack & Other Bugs
« on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
Since installing Granite Falls game pack I can only move one item in a stack at a time. e.g To sell harvested grapes I have to grab them one at a time. I can't move a whole stack of anything in the inventory to another sim or anywhere else for that matter.
Also none of my sims aspiration requirements are being shown as completed or met when clearly they have been met. e.g Reach level 5 of the tech guru career. Well my sim is now level 6...still showing as not met.
When in Granite Falls my sims get bills for $13,000 which must be a bug as even my home lot bills are only about $6,000.

I have repaired my game in Origin, emptied cache files. Short of a complete uninstall (fifth one if I do it) I can't think of any other way to fix these issues.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Items in A Stack & Other Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 11:10:27 PM »
Like you, when trying to move them to another sim it will only move one item at a time. But I can still sell a stack of items without a problem.
As for aspirations not recognizing that the right level of a career as been met I've always had that problem if I didn't have the aspiration as the active one when leveling the career. 
Like if I was going for the Computer Whiz aspiration but I sent my sim fishing for a while so I would change over to the Angling Ace aspiration while fishing. If I forgot to change back to Computer Whiz before he made level 5 in the Tech Guru career it wouldn't register as complete when I switched the aspiration back.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 03:51:09 AM »
@grimsoul I don't remember swapping my tech gurus aspiration around but it is entirely possible. The items in a stack is such a drag (pun intended). Now it takes forever to pass harvestables from family members. *sigh*

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »
What normally helps me for the aspiration requirements part is if I make sure to have that aspiration selected the next time my Sim get promoted.  I hope it works for you.  Sorry, I can't help you with the other stuff.  I too have no trouble selling a whole stack form my inventory, and haven't had the need to move things in a stack between inventories.  I'm guessing with the bills it's billing you for the location you're currently at, which it shouldn't.  The only thing I can think of to do about that for now is to try not to be there on Monday or Tuesday when the bills normally show up.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
I had the same problem with the tech guru promotion -- in my case, my sim was already at level 5 when she got to the next level of the Computer Whiz aspiration. But when she got promoted to level 6, it did register.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the replies, sounds like dragging whole stacks between inventories is a thing of the past.  After clearing cache files and then repairing the game again I can now sell whole stacks so at least that is not quite so tedious.

As for the aspiration requirements not showing as met when they are... I now have that same issue with the Whiz Kid aspiration. He has been an A student for ages, now it won't register. In this case as it isn't a leagacy/dynasty nor challenge file I just gave up the struggle and used cheats!

So no actual solving of the bugs, just a great cheat code that has saved my sanity.  :)

Offline neuroticnelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »
How do I sell only part of a stack? I've got, let's say, 71 cherries--50 are normal but the others are excellent. I want to keep some of the excellent to replant but sell the rest. I don't want to drag 21 cherries to the fridge 1 at a time. I tried shift clicking the corner, option clicking etc. and can't split the stack. Is this a no-go in Sims 4?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
It seems that having Outdoor Retreat installed makes it impossible to split a stack. The only way it can be done .... is to drag the ones you want to keep into the fridge or wherever and then sell the rest. It's a right pain having to move them all one by one.

anything