Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3  (Read 9429 times)

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
 ;D  :o OMG!! I can't believe it!!! I just started over.. *sigh* AGAIN..got my new sim to buy a partnership at the Bistro. Noticed he was hungry, so I had him "eat outside".. I literally just created him, so he's only got 3000 LTR so far, and no discount diner..

Guess what??? The food was FREE!!! Does this mean that they finally fixed the stupid game rule that you didn't get a discount if you owned/partnered with the property?

If so, all I can say is WOOO HOOOOO!!!! ;D ;D
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

Guess what??? The food was FREE!!! Does this mean that they finally fixed the stupid game rule that you didn't get a discount if you owned/partnered with the property?

Has anyone tried this with the spa?  Is it free if you are the owner?  I heard about the diners but not much about the spa, sporting events, or theater.

I have had one problem since downloading the patch and I am not sure how to fix it.  

I have lost a sim-  Iowa Jones was on vacation in China when I used the phone to send him home.  When the loading screen was finished I was back in China with no sim -  it's weird  the clock is running down and I can scroll through the town but there is no sim there....  I haven't tried "reset sim" yet but I am afraid he is gone.  NBD I never get that attached to my sims - I've already created a new family.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »
Has anyone tried this with the spa?  Is it free if you are the owner?

Not sure. My sim is broke. Not using any $$ cheats this game. Poor guy! He wants to go to China, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself, Dude, you only own an easel. No bed, no HOUSE! What is the matter with you??  :D

Honeymooners - can you try to reset it, and see what happens? That is just plain WEIRD!!
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
So far the patch seems pretty good.  Fridge works, can collect from business owned and I also had a Sim upgrade the stereo with house speakers and he can turn off all the speakers.  :)  My only problem is with games that I was playing before the EP and patch they were so glitched, so I finally just deleted them since they would also start to lag badly after I played for awhile.  :-\  So out of 12 games I had going on, now I only have 3 left.  One new game and 2 from my Asylum Challenge.  I wonder if this is how it's going to be after every EP/patch!!??  :(

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 02:15:14 AM »
That sucks. Fortunately I have no attention span at all. Once I haven't played a game for just a few days I lose interest and just start a new one so I haven't had any problems. ::)

This was actually in the 1.5/1.6 update. The notes say that food and drink will be free once a Sim owns the Diner or Bistro. Nothing about the other businesses. I haven't really tested this because that was the update which broke the deeds so I stopped buying things. :P

He wants to go to China, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself, Dude, you only own an easel. No bed, no HOUSE! What is the matter with you??  :D

Well no wonder he wants to leave! :D

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 06:59:54 PM »
I fell rather silly for asking this and it is probably a huge blonde moment that I am having, but where in the heck do I find this new button to go to the "store" while I am in game.

Quote from the news page 'Access The Sims 3 Store via Shop Mode from the Main Menu, Build/Buy or during Create a Sim'

I have looked everywhere I can think of and yes I do have the latest patch.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »
While you're in-game, the button is in the lower left corner, just above the button with three dots.  While in Build/Buy mode, it's in about the same location and it looks sparkly.

Edit:  I was mistaken about a button while you're in-game.  It only appears when you're in Build/Buy mode.  It's in the lower left corner, above the button with the three dots.  Here's a screenshot that may help.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 12:48:33 AM »
Thank you so much Pam!  I am going to look for it now.....

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 02:47:50 AM »
Thank you so much Pam!  I am going to look for it now.....

You're welcome.  I discovered the same button is available when you're planning an outfit, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 03:02:59 PM »
I just discovered you can make the Store button disappear.

Go to Options/Game Options and uncheck Enable Shop Mode. Goodbye Pay-Me button. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
Was this the one thats stops French Music showing up as Fav if you havn't got WA? Cause I downloaded it, now my game does that!   ???     :D   Very Clever EA
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything