Author Topic: Can't Get Writer's Block  (Read 16525 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Can't Get Writer's Block
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »
I played a different household today, in which the only adult is an elder. So I decided I'd stick her in the writing career. She has no creative traits or anything that would help with writing. So I thought before she starts her new job, she better actually DO some writing, so I just sat her down to "practice writing" and changed her aspiration. I wasn't really paying attention to the aspiration, but when I checked it next, the "beat writers block" was completed. Maybe it's easier to get it if you don't have a sim that has natural talent for writing? Essentially, the more skilled you are, the more likely you'll have ideas etc of things to write about.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
Maybe it's easier to get it if you don't have a sim that has natural talent for writing? Essentially, the more skilled you are, the more likely you'll have ideas etc of things to write about.

Yes, I've accomplished this aspiration with several different sims. Writer's Block comes much more easily to inexperienced writers. However, even if your sim is a Level 10 Writer, it can be done. *See my step-by-step instructions in a previous post.*

I even put one in my "Angry" room, removed the door, and made him keep writing until he "Beat Writer's Block." Haha  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Epic-Awesomenous

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 06:48:28 AM »
Okay, I know that this sounds crazy, but it isn't actually too difficult. I know how you feel, I spent ages going through comment after comment through forums in hopes of finding an answer—eventually, I just tried my own thing:

- So the first thing I did to achieve writer's block was to create a small, plain room outside with the room tool. I placed a desk and a computer in the room and got rid of any decorations. (Make sure that your sim is not around any inspiring, happy, confident, romantic or energised decor)
- Next, I made sure my sim's essential needs were up, bladder and energy especially. It's okay if hunger, hygiene, fun or social needs are moderate and/or even lower—this has a chance of making your sim even more miserable.
- Finally, I sat my sim down in the boring room and "Practiced Writing" for a while. As her hunger went down, as well as her fun and social needs, she became more and more uncomfortable.
- It took me about 7 sim hours, but my sim finally reached Writer's Block! Now all you do is perk your sim back up again in the four hours of the stressing moodlet. Read a book, listen to music, feed them, take a bubble bath, anything, until you finally beat Writers Block.

(Tip 1: The most important thing to do is to be patient. I may have been very lucky, it might take a lot of triple fast forwarding, just sit back and wait. Before starting the hours, clear any interruptions (ie: work, social interaction) delete the door if you must.
Tip 2: Don't stress if the hunger need is in the red zone. You'll see that your sim has 24 hours before they become "ravenous," and that's plenty of time! Keep on fast forwarding until the mood let says about "4 hours until ravenous," that might be a good idea to start feeding them.

Oh and PS: My sim on level 10 writing when I got writer's block. But I don't think that the skill matters.

Good luck! Remember; be perseverant. Make those hours hell for your sim.  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 02:07:57 PM »
If you can get your sim tense, writers block is very easy to achieve. So, for example, if your sim has high needs apart from fun, then as soon as your sim becomes tense writers block is easy to get by getting your sim to 'practice writing'. Often if you choose 'write a book' when your sim finishes that book they will get a 'confident' moodlet making 'tense' a little harder to achieve.
An undecorated room that gives no other moodlets or a dirty room for a neat sim etc. Often reading a book above a sims level in a skill makes them tense or listening to terrible low skill musical instrument playing will also make your sim tense.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.