Author Topic: Impossible to gain weight with max fitness?  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Impossible to gain weight with max fitness?
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
I have a female sim who is level 10 fitness and also has the reward trait from the bodybuilder aspiration (can't remember offhand what it is). She's quite skinny and toned. In my game, I'm playing her as an older adult (maybe mid 50's, but she's not an elder). I would like her to have a "softer" appearance so would like her to put on a bit of weight, but I think that is impossible. I had her eat almost a full cake AND almost a full Simcity cheesecake in one sitting, yet nothing happened. Not only did her weight not change (not even the next day, as I wasn't sure if the weight gain was instant), but she also didn't have any side effects of eating a cake and a cheesecake. I took away her fitness equipment, too.
I know once they have a high fitness level, it's harder to gain weight, but it shouldn't be impossible. Eating the high calorie foods shouldn't make a difference, but if you're obviously binging on them, then you should gain some weight. I only really want her to gain a little bit, I don't want to make her obese. Obviously I could use the CAS cheat but I don't want to if it's still mixing up relationships and whatever other problems it was causing.
Has anyone else managed to get their super fit sim to gain weight just by making them eat a lot of bad food?

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Impossible to gain weight with max fitness?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:31:16 AM »
Give her time.  I am sure she will gain the weight.  Just about every one of my female sims has gotten bigger in this game. Even my skinny little girls have started to broaden in the beam now that they have popped out their first child. The only one of my girls who hasn't is totally addicted to fitness and very, very muscular.

I am not sure if it matters about which food they eat.  I suspect it is tied to age, birth of children, and lack of exercise with a strong pinch of random thrown in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 12:47:25 AM »
It is definitely related to food and exercise. Each food has a calorie value, Figwit.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 01:24:47 AM »
Yes, it is, Annika. This same sim put on a lot of weight because she liked to cook, and didn't exercise, and especially after having kids. Now she is a gym junkie, and has stayed muscular and thin. Another sim I play, was maximum obesity and is lazy and a glutton. She's lost all that weight, I am sure she's level 10 fitness as well, and she eats ALL the time and hasn't put that weight back on. She comes to visit my sim and has about three meals in the space of her visit. My low fitness/no fitness sims that I sometimes play, have all slowly put on weight.
I will do more work on that one sim. I will feed her a constant diet of a whole cheesecake and cookies and whatever other "bad" good there is, and see if anything happens.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 02:09:24 AM »
@ stormi71

There is a post here with all the calories for each food type (from Reubenhood), it should help you decide what to feed your sim!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22051.msg392533.html#msg392533

My bet is on the Lobster Thermidor, 800  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:10 AM »
@ stormi71

There is a post here with all the calories for each food type (from Reubenhood), it should help you decide what to feed your sim!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22051.msg392533.html#msg392533

My bet is on the Lobster Thermidor, 800  ;)
Ha ha, I'll be making her make salads for her husband and teen daughter, while she can have a midnight feast of lobster. They have plenty of money, too, so that's not a problem. Thanks for the link, I did look at it before when I was trying to get her to lose weight, I only looked at the low cal stuff, though

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
Well you live and learn.  ;D  It didn't seem to make much difference what my sim ate but she was in the cooking profession so there were a lot of high cost gourmet foods in her diet along with the salads. 

It still doesn't explain how the sims I wasn't playing consistently gained weight but then that was a patch or so ago so maybe that was a bug.

Salads it is then.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 11:40:56 PM »
Just an update. It can be done, but it is definitely a LOT harder to gain weight when they have maximum fitness. My skinny sim has stopped exercising, and after the huge binges on cheesecake, cake and lobster thermidor for several days, she has put on some weight, but it's very minimal.
I have a skinny teen that I think is way too skinny, too, so I'm over feeding her before her fitness level gets too high.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »
I tried this out too. I fed my fitness maxed out sim for every meal for two days the following: 1 protein drink, 1 plate of protein food (made when a sim is energized) and 1 plate of lobster thermidor.
He was pretty chubby by the end of day two. I think if I'd continued this he would have been fat by the end of the week for sure.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 05:10:59 AM »
Since the sim has the bodybuilder aspiration completed it's definitely going to be hard since the reward trait is fast metabolism. You may want to make your sim eat twice as much as it used to to make them fat. Not to mention the autonomous exercising included when skills are high enough.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 05:36:46 AM »
Imayu, my sim ate a whole cake and a whole cheesecake in one sitting lol. Then I made her eat about four serves of lobster Thermidor the next day. I just make her eat and eat and eat. I think the problem is I originally made her with the boyish figure, no real waistline or hips. Which wasn't so bad, but then she got as skinny as she could, and as muscly as she could, and that was fine, but now she's an older sim (almost elder), she just looked wrong. So now she's lost the muscle and is a little bit bigger, she looks much better. I might have to use a potion on her. I'm sure next time I play a different household and go to the gym, she'll be there, and lose the little weight she's gained. Earlier in the game, when she was focusing on her career, she put on maximum weight, but even then she wasn't huge.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »
That's probably the issue there.. when you made the sim in CAS. I guess if she was made quite slim then the fattest she is going to get will be 'thinnner' than a sim who was originally made more plump.

If you mess around with the sliders in CAS you can see the difference with a slimmer sim and the weight slider compared to a more rounded sim and the weight slider. Good to know though... really that is how is should be, as if a sim as a smaller frame then they shouldn't be able to get as fat as a larger framed sim.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Yes, I like how they have made it like that. My main sim was skinny but I did make her with a little potbelly and a bit of spread on her hips, so when she got to maximum size, she was typical apple shape, overweight around the middle but her legs and arms etc weren't fatter. I also had a sim who I created as the biggest size possible. She became a gym junkie and is at her smallest now, but it's still quite a solid build.
I really don't like how the game generates a body shape when they age up to teen. I have this weird looking male teen as he is very skinny but is a pear shape, it just doesn't look right on a male.

anything