Author Topic: Hotkeys Guide  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Hotkeys Guide
« on: November 20, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
I've just compiled a list of all (or almost all) of the game controls and keyboard shortcuts for the Sims 4. I separated things into camera, live, and build mode. I think that builders will appreciate it most, because there are a lot of keys that can make building much, much easier and once you've learned them you will be able to build houses faster. If anyone notices that I missed one, do please tell me. There are so many that it's likely. I may add it, depending on what it does :)

This one was requested, but I don't remember by who. Sorry it took like two months for me to get to it!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Hotkeys Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
Hey Carl, a small mistake I noticed.  Left-clicking a sim portrait only centers the camera if the sim is already selected, otherwise it selects that sim.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 02:18:49 AM »
If the Sim is all ready selected it will center the camera on them. If you click on different Sim than is selected it will select the new sim, click again to center the camera on them.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:39:50 AM »
If the Sim is all ready selected it will center the camera on them. If you click on different Sim than is selected it will select the new sim, click again to center the camera on them.

Yeah sorry thats what I meant... didnt get the post modified in time :P
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »
I need to clarify that, since I meant clicking on the sim as shown in the bottom left (already selected) I will just edit that. I posted it on reddit and a SimGuru told me four that I missed! It was awesome to get a response from EA for it :)

Edit: forgot to share the link. check it out - The SimGuru indicates that build mode will be getting more powerful, but can't make promises on create-a-neighborhood.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Ok, got this updated with clarification on the Sim clicking thing, along with the extra information SimGuruHouts shared with me.