Author Topic: Collections  (Read 32523 times)

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Collections
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 06:52:45 PM »
Is there a ruleset somewhere for the perfect challenge?  Has anyone modified it for Sims 4?  The ability to only go down one career path seems like it would provide some different flavor to every perfect sim.

Ding!  Nooboo!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
I made a quick reference sheet for all the collectibles.  If you're like me and you like to print them out so you can reference without alt-tabbing.

Yet again Ciosa - so useful! Thanks  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
Is there a ruleset somewhere for the perfect challenge?  Has anyone modified it for Sims 4?  The ability to only go down one career path seems like it would provide some different flavor to every perfect sim.

Ding!  Nooboo!

Metropolis Man is in charge of the challenges - there will be a new tournament challenge next year, which may include a perfect challenge. You should let him know that you are interested in that. For the time being, you may find one elsewhere, or modify it to create your own. Check the Sims 3 Challenges board in the graveyard for one that you may like to modify for your own use.

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
Yet again Ciosa - so useful! Thanks  :)

Thank you!  I'm glad they're useful!

Metropolis Man is in charge of the challenges - there will be a new tournament challenge next year, which may include a perfect challenge. You should let him know that you are interested in that. For the time being, you may find one elsewhere, or modify it to create your own. Check the Sims 3 Challenges board in the graveyard for one that you may like to modify for your own use.

*goes rummaging through the graveyard*

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »
For the collections guide in the future - as an expirement, I just opened 64 mysterious time capsules in a row, none of which had been found with a treasure map.  I got every single mysims doll except the four rares - and usually multiple copies of each. I had 16 treasure maps in my inventory.

I used the maps on the first 8 mysims I found, and within five I got the last four rares.  You only ever get mysims capsules when you use the maps - so just sell them or display them if your mysims collection is complete.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 03:21:17 AM »
I have begun to notice that trend too. I had been just selling treasure maps, and discovered I was unusually lacking in rare MySim figurines.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2014, 01:02:09 PM »
I'm ever grateful for more info, especially before I have even begun a page. Thanks for this tip. I guess it's kind of like the plant samples, you need treasure maps to either give you a better chance of rares, or to make it possible. I realize I'm doing some pages that take a lot of time, and should just publish this info on collecting as soon as I'm able, so I shall. I will try to prioritize it after I'm done with romance and woohoo.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:37 PM »
I actually ended up using all 16 maps, just to see - and I got 16/16 rare MySims dolls.  No rare crystals or metals.  So I think it's a 100% chance.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
Right on. That makes sense, so it's to collect MySims rares only. Appreciate that. With the plant samples and microscope, it's the same. They are pretty much required to have a sample to get the rares. It's almost impossible otherwise.

anything