Author Topic: Losing purchased items?  (Read 5888 times)

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
Losing purchased items?
« on: January 12, 2015, 05:16:59 AM »
Anyone else have issues with things your Sim is using just disappearing? One of mine was on the computer, just finished buying stocks and the computer disappeared! I will reload and hopefully it will come back - not the cheapest computer and I don't have many simoleons. Trying to get them through at least ONE career each by elder status but don't think I'll make it - only a week left and both are Level 7 still a way off promotion.
Amazed by those who say promotion can happen in two days - at early levels maybe not from about level 4 onwards, even if you have the qualifications for promotion under your belt! Very frustrating!

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Losing purchased items?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
I had a violin disappear after a sim put it down, a garbage pile turn invisible after I dragged it outside, and a couple of other items just vanish.  They were still there, but couldn't be seen or used.  I knew they were there because I couldn't put anything else on the spot they were supposed to be.

I got them back by going into build mode and moving items and rooms around, or by creating small new rooms over where the items should be.  They either reappeared in the room, or were put into the family inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »
I just had this happen again in my game.  I was dragging a fossil from a sim's inventory to the ground and it disappeared.  This time, putting a room over the spot didn't make the item reappear, but I forgot to try moving the room after placing it so it may have worked if I'd done more.  However, when I had a sim travel, the fossil was visible when the  lot reloaded.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:29:24 AM »
I've had a few paintings disappear. They were paintings my sim had done and I was moving them from her inventory onto a wall. When I let go on the wall, the painting disappeared, however the game must have thought they were still there because I couldn't hang another painting in the same spot.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »
I had the big TV disappear once when sims were visiting, took me a moment to realise there was no longer the kleptomaniac trait! I can't remember what I did, but it came back. I can't remember if I found it in the inventory or I moved the table it was on and it appeared again. I vaguely recall I was moving a book or plate or something a sim had placed on the TV stand.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »
I've also had paintings disappear. When I went into build mode and hammered/deleted the wall I got the price for the wall section and the painting too. So obviously the painting was still there, just invisible!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »
I had a desk/computer disappear.  In fact, my sims would sit there and play on the invisible computer.  It was pretty comical.  I exited the game, restarted the computer and then when I went back in, it was fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.