Author Topic: Noticed a slight adjustment to the baby bump  (Read 19984 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Noticed a slight adjustment to the baby bump
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 06:03:41 AM »
I've noticed that if they seem to get huge straight away, they also seem to maintain some pregnancy weight after the birth, too. Except for my super fit skinny sim. She had a tiny belly through pregnancy, and went back to her normal size after. She's the type of person other women hate lol

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »
I have had four pregnancies, two before patch and two after and they all started showing right after they took the test.  So, if they are pregnant and don't take the pregnancy test, they will start to show later on?  I suppose the test is just to verify they are truly pregnant.  Of course that was kind of a dumb question after reading it, lol.  In real life if your pregnant, your pregnant, test or no test, "facepalm".  Of course you never know about these simmies. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »
I thought I read somewhere, perhaps the EA forums, that if your sim takes the pregnancy test and it's positive they will start showing right away.  If your sim doesn't take the pregnancy test the baby bump is delayed.  This seems to bear out in the testing you've done.  I don't recall reading that the pregnancy would actually be over faster if your sim takes the test so it's interesting that this is what seems to happen.  I'm super impatient so the $15 to know right away is simoleons well spent in my book.  :)

Dellena

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »
This is my fourth pregnancy with this sim and it's been the same with each.

Here is right after taking the pregnancy test and getting the positive.

Here's at 2nd Trimester:

Here's at 3rd Trimester:

I'm not using any mods either.  I hope all of my pregnancies continue this way as I find it more realistic.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »
No sure if it really matters still, but today my sim showed her bump immediately after using the pregnancy test. Pop! 1st trimester belly!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 09:31:23 PM »
It's been different for both of my sims that I've gotten pregnant. One had the bump immediately, one didn't. I guess it just depends.  ::)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
My daughter's sim has had two pregnancies. She didn't show at all until the second trimester (used the pregnancy test). In the second pregnancy, I noticed how HUGE she was in the last trimester, and thought maybe she'd have twins because she was so much bigger than with the first child. But she only had one nooboo (much to my daughters relief, because "I have no room for twins!")

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LaurenMoonlight

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 05:23:31 AM »
If you adjust the stomach out a bit before pregnancy you will get a bump for your 1st trimester and the 2nd trimester your sim will be huge so if you have the stomach far in then you wont get a bump your sims stomach will expand a tiny bit ;)

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 05:42:38 AM »
I've had five pregnancies since the last patch, including a male pregnancy. I think it may be slightly random but after the pregnancy test I've had sims show immediately after the test and not show right after the test, I haven't noticed any difference between super fit sims and not so fit sims, it's just one of those random things that make it interesting.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »
Regarding the length of time pregnant, @oshizu did some testing for her Apocalypse challenge and found, I believe, that pregnancy and babyhood equalled 6 days, so no pregnancy test means 4 days pregnant + 2 days babyhood if not aged up early.  Taking a pregancy test means 3 days pregnant but 3 days babyhood if not aged up.

Oshizu, please correct me if I've misunderstood.

anything