Author Topic: Disable full autonomy for selected sim  (Read 47203 times)

Offline Blue Spirit

• Nooboo
Disable full autonomy for selected sim
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »
Forgive me if this question seems unbelievably stupid (and in the wrong forum), but I've tried looking for an answer to this on the internet without a good explanation and I really want to know.

"Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On."

I mean, you have autonomy full or off in the first option, but what exactly does this one do? Does it mean that even my player made families will roam freely around the worlds when I'm playing a different household, making their own decisions like flirting with others if one of their traits is romantic, or just the actual family that I'm currently playing? I'm very confused.

I'm one of those people who isn't very fond of story progression, as it's being called, if it involves my created sims since I want to control their choices and such myself. Anyone care to explain? What box(es) should I check or uncheck if I want full control over my own sims?

Online Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Disable full autonomy for selected sim
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Blue Spirit.

If you want full control over your sims, check the box "Disable autonomy" -- means autonomy OFF.

Autonomy Off – When Off, Sims will only react to events in order to preserve their own lives.
Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On.

However if you play a different household, your previous household sim will stilll make their own decisions - you have no control over it.  You can only control the active household (the one you are actively playing).  The inactive household will do whatever they want, including flirting with inappropriate people etc.

Also I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help Board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blue Spirit

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
(Thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate forum section)

Thanks for your explanation, and welcome to the forum. So basically, now that I'm giving it some more thought, the first option applies to all sims in the household, whereas the second is just for the selected sim in the same household? That's a shame if inactive households will do whatever they want though. I was hoping it would apply to all your created families.

Online Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
So basically, now that I'm giving it some more thought, the first option applies to all sims in the household, whereas the second is just for the selected sim in the same household?

Correct.

anything