Author Topic: Re-usable birthday cake  (Read 3048 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re-usable birthday cake
« on: November 17, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
I noticed today when ageing up a set a twins that after the first one added candles to the cake and blew them out I had the option of adding candles to the cake again. So I had the second twin add candles to the cake and blow them out and aged both sims up with the same cake.
And if the sim that made the cake has finished the Master Chef Aspiration so that food they cook never spoils you could keep using the same cake over and over as long as no one takes a slice of it.   :D
Or put the wedding top on it and use for your next wedding.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Re-usable birthday cake
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:43:33 AM »
Wow grimsoul , that's amazing ! I've had several twins but had ended up making a cake for each of them . I'm sure to try this method next time around . Thanks so much for the tip !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
Just got to stop those annoying autonomous 'help yourself to cake' actions!  ;) Whenever there is cake in the fridge it seems to be the first thing they head for!
<dreams of lockable doors>
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
I have aging off, and I just manually age up my sims. I have a household with a few kids in it that I made so my main sims kids could have friends. Each time I go into that household to age up one of the kids, the birthday cake that was made for the first sim is always still there, so I just reuse that. I age the sim up, then they go into the the dresser to change their clothing, and then I go back to my main sim, so they don't have time to eat it.
I was planning to do this when I aged up my husband and wife sim, age them up at the same time, but some greedy guts went and took a slice as soon as the candles were blown out.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
Just got to stop those annoying autonomous 'help yourself to cake' actions!  ;) Whenever there is cake in the fridge it seems to be the first thing they head for!
<dreams of lockable doors>

There is no option to eat the cake if it has the candles on it, so after aging a sim up have them put candles back on the cake and it will be safe from them grabbing a slice of it later where your not looking. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
There is no option to eat the cake if it has the candles on it, so after aging a sim up have them put candles back on the cake and it will be safe from them grabbing a slice of it later where your not looking. :)

Oh my gosh! That's brilliance in it's simplicity! <duh> Why didn't I even think of that???  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.