Author Topic: The Gold Standard Birthday Party  (Read 46834 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: The Gold Standard Birthday Party
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »
@justproud2b

How hard is it to get 8 gold medals from 8 different parties?  Doable in one sim's life (I mean without extending life)?  Have you tried the dating medals?  Is it as hard as the parties ones?

I was able to get 2 dates done quickly with my married couple. I had them go to the park do what was needed for the date then ended the date and had him ask her on a date at their home lot (from the park). So they were able to continue their stuff at home and get 2 dates done in 1 day.

As far as the parties I don't think its difficult as long as you aren't concerned with leaving people out. Scheduling with 2 jobs, school etc can be hard. I think its completely doable especially the more you are holding partieies you almost get a system down and can just walk people through the gold in about 10mins (real life time).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 03:44:48 PM »
Thanks.  Silver and bronze are cake walk, just a little bit concerned with gold.  I know certain parties are easier, but 8 different gold medal parties sounds daunting in my mind, alas I'm not a party person, maybe that's why I dislike throwing parties.  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »
I've managed easily to do three gold dates with some random townie my sim had just met, he needed 3 dates for his aspiration. As soon as I hit gold I just ended the date while still talking to her, then asked her immediately for another date and so on. And as for other parties , if you do one a day they are fairly easy to get through. The difficulty comes when your sim is trying to hold down a job and gets too tired! I think dinner parties are the easiest.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
Thanks for the answers regarding party start times.  I'd still prefer to set them in the future, but I suppose it is the way it is.  I'll just try to think of them as impromptu, come-as-you-are parties.

Hmmm an impromptu, come-as-you-are wedding?  Could be interesting...  ;D

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »
I've been having better luck getting everyone to drink at the same time recently when I make sure to be in conversation with all of them and then make drinks for everyone.  One I'm still having trouble with sometimes though is getting everyone happy at the same time.  Sometimes it seems to count it if they are in moods like confident or energized, and sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't count it, I'm not sure what to do to make everyone happy.   It often won't even count my Sim when she has no negative moodlets, and some happy ones, but is in a mood other than happy.

By the way Nutella, you can't get the achievements for getting silver and gold in all of the social events if you don't have the extended content that comes with the game.  In my game the only types of social events are birthday party, dinner party, wedding, house party, and a date.  From what I hear the deluxe version of the game comes with some other types.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »
Thanks ClayMask.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »
I am really  needing help on the birthday party goals. My Sims oldest son is having a birthday party, and this is the first  party I have had to do.  I have read your post and got great ideas, but I can not seem for the life of me, to get the Damon (Dad) to make a toast to Jaxton.. He has his drink in his hand, and I click on Jaxton, and there isn't a toast option.  Any ideas???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »
I think both the person giving the toast and the person being toasted need to be holding drinks.  I've been able to do toasts at a wedding, and if I remember correctly, it was only when both were drinking that it worked.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »
To make a toast, have the sim that you want to make the toast grab a drink. While they have the drink, it's available under friendly interactions with the person you want to make the toast to. It is not a self-interaction.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
I think both the person giving the toast and the person being toasted need to be holding drinks.  I've been able to do toasts at a wedding, and if I remember correctly, it was only when both were drinking that it worked.
Problem with this is, if you are having a birthday party for a child, they can not hold a drink.  It states that adults have to make the toast, so this tells me that you can still make a toast for a child's party.
To make a toast, have the Sim that you want to make the toast grab a drink. While they have the drink, it's available under friendly interactions with the person you want to make the toast for. It is not a self-interaction.
Damon, the father, was holding a drink, and the option never came up to make a toast on the birthday boy, Jaxton. 

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »
You click on the glass in the hand to make the toast not the sim.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »
Ahhh.. I don't remember if I tried that or not, I kept exiting the game to get the party right.  Luckily, you don't get the same options to complete every time.  So they ended up with a gold party :D  I will go with that. Thanks for the help! :D

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
Okay I want to give exact details on toasting at a birthday party! 
I finally figured out how to do it!  Even though it's a child's birthday party, you will select another adult to make a toast, then you get that goal done! :)  Yaay!

anything