Author Topic: How can I jazz up my builds?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
How can I jazz up my builds?
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »
I'm a bit frustrated with my builds, I'm not a good designer and usually end up with a very plain, boxy ground floor and a top floor that looks like Picasso designed it. Do you guys have any tips for building a decent floor plan, oh and with at least four bedrooms too, because my families are generally huge and having a nice exterior look too?

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How can I jazz up my builds?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
My suggestion is to look at some actual floor plans for architects - they're easy to find with google, and a lot of them can be very inspiring. 

Say I decided I liked the look of this house:

I could go and look at the floorplans for it, and start to convert it into a sims blueprint. 

Then I could look at the floorplans: 

That adds a layer of detail I don't usually think to need in Sims 4; I wouldn't normally think to build a wardrobe, because I can get all my people to change at a single dresser.  Obviously, the finished product won't be exactly the same - but you can definitely get some excellent starting points just from a flooplan.  Some of the best designers I've seen are very interested in architecture, so I'd use that as a reference point to start out with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How can I jazz up my builds?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »
Thanks for the ideas Ciosa  :) I've tried to build from houseplans before and haven't had much success but then I tried to get every detail right and that's really too hard. I'll also look more T the architectural aspects. Thanks for the advice  ;D