Author Topic: Save my house with garden plants and a full fridge?  (Read 3980 times)

Offline LeaLey33

• Nooboo
Save my house with garden plants and a full fridge?
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
I have played sims3 for a long time and like to keep my familys progress and use it over and over again so this is driving me crazy.

I played and skilled my family, built a nice house got a garden full of perfect plants and a fridge full of goodies - but i cant save the house for use in a new game!

I tried to save both in the game from the build mode and from the manage worlds menu but when i place my house in a fresh world the plants and fridge content is gone.
Anyone know what i do wrong?

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Save my house with garden plants and a full fridge?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
So far, there is no way to save plants that sims planted, nor the food they cooked. Same with sim-created painting or woodworks. They will most likely disappear when you grab them from your gallery.

Although, the paintings, workworking items, and plants will remain in the house, if and only if, the house was left standing when your current household is evicted from it.

You can also experiment by placing all your household's plants and creations in the household inventory before you save the family and save the house. Then later place house and family in a new game. I don't know if this will work as I havent tested this theory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:41:01 PM »
You can also experiment by placing all your household's plants and creations in the household inventory before you save the family and save the house. Then later place house and family in a new game. I don't know if this will work as I havent tested this theory.

Not sure the plants would stay in the inventory. I had a gardener that moved house. Before she moved, I put all her plants into the inventory, but when she got to the new house they were not there. Plus, because I put them in the inventory, they were no longer in the yard oof the house she vacated, so she couldn't even go by the old place and do some harvesting lol.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that if you're just moving house and you choose to keep furniture instead of selling it then when you get to your new house all your plants are there at your new house.
Don't know of anyway to save full house/plants etc to the gallery though.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
I had plants make the move to a different lot when they were in the family inventory that is accessed in Build Mode.

Indira, your "if and only if" might give a lot of people I know some serious building hope. Thank you for sharing that!

Edit: Was hoping your "if and only if" would let paintings, sculptures, collectibles etc go through the process of going to the Gallery and back too. It doesn't unless I am missing something in my testing.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:54:07 PM »
You can also experiment by placing all your household's plants and creations in the household inventory before you save the family and save the house. Then later place house and family in a new game. I don't know if this will work as I haven't tested this theory.

This does work. I figured it out actually because a bug causes some of my plants to disappear upon loading the game. I *think* it happens when my sims are gardening while I save the game and then quit. At first, I didn't think there was anything I could do about it, but then I noticed that my plants AND all of the items that had been growing on them had shown up in my household inventory. Not only did it place the actually plants in the inventory, but it also "harvested them" for me and put the harvested items into my household inventory as well.

Any time you want to move, you can take the plants with you by placing them in your family inventory in build mode.

If you want to take the fridge contents, you can do that as well. You just have to take the items out of the fridge and set them on the floor before you enter build mode.

I recently moved my family to a new home, and this is how I brought all of the plants with them.

Even better, I like to keep the plants in my inventory regularly so that they don't have to be maintained until I need more fruit/vegetables/etc. Since they rarely die in The Sims 4, it is a pain to keep maintaining them. (Also, the accumulation of all the fruits, etc. in your inventory will make the game crash if you don't delete them.)

Putting them into your inventory is a great way around that!