Author Topic: Can You Split a Family into Two, Non-Starter Homes?  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Maconbar

• Nooboo
Can You Split a Family into Two, Non-Starter Homes?
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »
I have a somewhat wealthy family that wants to provide their children with nicer, first homes. Outside of a cheat is there any way to accomplish this? I can only see the $20,000 to buy a starter home option.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Can You Split a Family into Two, Non-Starter Homes?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »
Move out of your house into their house... Move as a family... Then Move your family back to their original home leaving them behind. The cheat would be easier giving them the money and subtracting it from your family (if you were wanting to stay fair). Either way that is your alternative :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
I would also like to see this feature added. As my kids move out and get married, I would like to give them more than just a few bucks. I also can't figure out how to move just part of a household or just one individual, if they are not getting married. It seems the only way is to "ask to move in" if they choice comes up while interacting with another sim. I am a bit confused by this. Does anyone know more about moving in general?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
I've been using the motherlode cheat to get the funds to move Sims into nicer houses.  You have to use the Manage Household option on the main menu.  You can split your household that way and move onto an empty lot or into a cheap house.  Then I use the motherlode cheat to get enough money to move them into the house I've chosen.  Considering that we can't move them around like we did in Sims 3, I feel that using the cheat is justified in these cases.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
I've been using the motherlode cheat to get the funds to move Sims into nicer houses.  You have to use the Manage Household option on the main menu.  You can split your household that way and move onto an empty lot or into a cheap house.  Then I use the motherlode cheat to get enough money to move them into the house I've chosen.  Considering that we can't move them around like we did in Sims 3, I feel that using the cheat is justified in these cases.

I started using "freerealestate on" for the same type of things. It's ultimately the same thing but I don't feel like I'm cheating as much (I know I'm odd). This way you can move people anywhere and the cost is $0 for any building/lot.