Author Topic: Ambrosia  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Ambrosia
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
I'm back on the job (although I'll still be working a little slowly). I just did one that took way longer than I expected: Ambrosia & Bringing Back Ghosts. I wanted to honestly get all the materials, so it took some serious time. For most Sims it would be a long-term goal. My biggest hangup was Angelfish, then Pomegranate so I ultimately opted to advise people to go for Cherry to get that and focus fishing on the Angelfish.

Stuff works, too bad it doesn't take them back to Young Adult if they're past that stage. It is really just for Ghosts given the ability to reset age with just the Potion of Youth (one of three ingredients), and not all this effort. Thanks to Bri for making sure I was aware of Ambrosia and helping the process by listing the materials on the corrections board. Appreciate the people who've been helping and encouraging here and there. Cheers.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ambrosia
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:14 PM »
A really good step by step guide on how do make ambrosia  :)
I spotted one wee typo  "Work on Whims and an Aspiration to Buy Potion of Yough"  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »
Thanks for the great guide on Ambrosia! I've actually never, ever made nor used Ambrosia on my sims since I started playing The Sims (#1) when it was released in early 2000!

Yikes!

1. I'm old.
2. I'm definitely an addict when it comes to The Sims.  ;)

Keep up the great work!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:47:38 AM »
A fantastic Guide, Carl. Needless to say this is incredibly well timed with the upcoming Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
I appreciate it guys. I definitely had the Dynasty in mind when I wrote that one Metro, I figured it should be out well before you release it :) That one took some time so I appreciate the compliments. I got that Yough typo corrected just now. Thanks Playalot. Not sure how my spell checker didn't pick it up, as it's not a word!

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
To keep sims immortal I prefer a combination of Book of Life with the Cowplant (taking care to remove everyone else from the lot when the sacrificial sim "donates" his life force, a 2 strong sad moodlet on the whole family is no fun). Writing a new Book of Life to repeat the process is far easier than farming the points for two Youth potions (the sacrificial sim is also restored to the start of his age stage when resurrected).

Nevertheless, nice guide  :)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
@DarkWalker, I have a question.

Why do you prefer these methods of keeping sims "immortal," rather than just turning off aging and then electing to age up your sims exactly when you want them to age up?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
@lindsaysoderberg,

Because turning off aging feels too cheap. I like having immortal sims, but I want my sims to work for it, to a point.

And managing visits to the cow plant is more interesting, for me, than just farming points to purchase the potions.

A pity Ambrosia has no extra benefits for live sims compared with the potion. Having an actual reason to obtain it would have made it more interesting; as it is, I don't need its age reversing properties due to the method I use, and I don't need it to resurrect sims due to making use of the Book of Life (which doubles as a so efficient way to fill needs that it feels like cheating).

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't tell. Does ambrosia still reverse your lifestage or just bring back the dead?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »
It starts you back to the beginning of that life stage, but is the same effect as the potion of youth, I believe. So really, it's just for ghosts or to make a challenge like the Dynasty a little harder ;)