Author Topic: New Guides - Children and Aspirations  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
New Guides - Children and Aspirations
« on: October 09, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »
Today I've published four new pages. The first is a massive piece by Pam on Raising Kids. This one took a while because she did a lot of testing for us to determine things like what happens with school failure. She's compiled a lot of tips for raising families in general that should be helpful to Simmers who are not great with kids, like myself.

Next are three Aspiration articles submitted to me by Metro. Each have the milestone requirements and some tips on doing them, as well as a bit of info on the reward traits you receive when completing them: Bodybuilder, Musical Genius, and Painter Extraordinaire.

Thanks to both of them for this, as I'm excited to get a lot of the work done by December and this is a big leap with my recent Emotions Guide. If you have any suggestions for these articles, post them here! Thank you!

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New Guides - Children and Aspirations
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »
One tidbit about how long it takes to do the homework: the speed increases as the child skills do. Each skill at 10 multiplies the speed at which homework is complete by 1.7, until when the child has 10 in all skills (like the one I'm using youth potions on) homework is done over 8x faster, taking just a few minutes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »
Excellent info! I had trouble finding info from extracting the xml, so I'm glad you have shared the things you have. I'll get to editing that in soon, worried I might not finish these two pages so gunning to finish them.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:55 AM »
Great article Carl, I found a small typo for you though.

In the end you must master Motor Skills and make it across the monkey basr 10 times, while earning a high score on the Typing Game.

It's towards the end of the article in the details of the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

anything