Author Topic: My sim can't Pickpocket anymore (Bug related to leaving an old career)  (Read 3201 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
One of my sims got to the 4th Step of the Public Enemy Aspiration. He has completed everything except "Pickpocket 20 Sims."  He is at 5 of 20. He was in the Criminal Career, Oracle Branch, but after he reached level 10, I switched him to a new career. The next time I went to have him Pickpocket a sim, the option was gone!, and I can't figure out why. The only thing I thought might have influenced his ability to Pickpocket was that he was now in the Secret Agent Career. (A good guy now... ;))

So I wanted until he got to level 11 of the Villain Branch, as I had intended, and I have now switched him back to the Criminal Career, but he still cannot Pickpocket.

I don't think it is a general bug because I have other sims who have already accomplished the Public Enemy aspiration.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Update 11 Nov 2014: I now believe that this is a bug that has to do with leaving and rejoining careers.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: My sim can't Pickpocket anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 04:02:21 AM »
One of my sims got to the 4th Step of the Public Enemy Aspiration. He has completed everything except "Pickpocket 20 Sims."  He is at 5 of 20. He was in the Criminal Career, Oracle Branch, but after he reached level 10, I switched him to a new career. The next time I went to have him Pickpocket a sim, the option was gone!, and I can't figure out why. The only thing I thought might have influenced his ability to Pickpocket was that he was now in the Secret Agent Career. (A good guy now... ;))

So I wanted until he got to level 11 of the Villian Branch, as I had intended, and I have now switched him back to the Criminal Career, but he still cannot Pickpocket.

I don't think it is a general bug because I have other sims who have already accomplished the Public Enemy aspiration.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on? Thanks for any help you can give me!

I've noticed with my sim it isn't a guaranteed option every time. Have you tried people with different relationship levels to you? Also have you tried a couple of different mischief options first? From my knowledge pick pocketing is a skill learned from mischief not any job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »
Yes, all of my sims are level 10 mischief, and pick-pocketing did have to be learned. But this sim got to the point where he could do it anywhere, anytime. The option just completely vanished when he left the Criminal Career.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm going to go try that right now. Maybe leaving the career just made it more difficult for him to get to that option. We'll see.

Here's hoping!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
Unfortunately, that didn't work.  :(

I'm hoping this gets either figured out or fixed, if it's a bug, very soon.