Author Topic: Unlocked Content Questions  (Read 1850 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Unlocked Content Questions
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
I use emotional aura emitting, unlocked content all over the place in my sim's homes. I actually have one room for each emotion. Each room contains tons of items emitting emotional auras. For example, my kitchen is full of Inspirational Decor. Off the kitchen is an adjoined room full of more Inspiring Decor. When a sim enters the "Inspirational Room," he or she becomes inspired, often very inspired, and engages in skill-building activities, such as painting easels and computers for writing books, during which time, his or her performance is dramatically improved.

As my sims are thinking about leaving the nest, and I will need to build them new homes, a lot of questions about Unlocked Content (much of which is emotional aura emitting decor and, thus, used heavily in my home) come to mind.

1. If one of my sims advances to the top of his career, resulting in unlocked content, and then he dies, does that content become locked again for that family?

2. If my sim is living in a house in which a lot of content has been unlocked, but by other sims, and he moves, will he also lose access to that content? What if he first buys a lot of it and puts it into his inventory before the move? Will it stay with him or disappear?

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: Unlocked Content Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:57:08 AM »
Using designated "Emotional Decor/Aura" rooms is a really fun way to explore all of the new functions related to emotions in The Sims 4. (And of course, it makes it much easier to complete many of the more difficult Aspiration Goals/Steps.)

For example:
  • Get into a fight while Angry.
  • Serenade sim while Flirty.
  • Work out (Push the limits) while Energized.
  • Cook while Inspired.
  • Perform mischievous acts while Playful.
  • Paint emotional paintings.
  • Practice Speech while Confident.
  • Cook the "secret" recipes only available in certain emotional states.
  • Maintain Focus while video gaming.
  • Have guests become Playful at the same time during a social event.
  • Paint and write better quality works while Inspired.
So, if you want to see my really cool (in my opinion) "emotional house," I shared it online in the Gallery.
My username is: ggymnastt.

There is both a medium-sized version (40 x 30 sized lot) and a very large (50 x 50 sized lot) version.
They are called "Beckwith Manor" and "Emotional Aura Estate," respectively.

The only bad thing about downloading them is that all of my sims Emotional Paintings and Unlocked Emotional Decor and Emotional Items will be missing. (I think.) Of course, they are not difficult to add yourself!

I will also be sharing my family that has achieved the highest level of all careers, and, therefore, has access to all of the unlocked content. So if you don't have all of the content unlocked, download my "Beckwith Family," who have already unlocked everything.

That brings to mind another question for this discussion:

4. If you upload a family from the online Community, do they "come" with all of their previous accomplishments and household inventory, or do you have to start fresh with them from the beginning as if they are all brand new sims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.