Author Topic: Has anyone discovered any logic to collectibles?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
Has anyone discovered any logic to collectibles?
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »
I've been looking for the last element in my collection, Crytacoo, for almost two sim generations now, and it's the one I just can't find! According to SimsVIP I need to find Fire Opal or Jolinquist.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking? I've been using the rocks around my family plot (I'm playing a legacy), and I managed to find all the MySims trophys, but I just cannot get that last element!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Has anyone discovered any logic to collectibles?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:50:13 AM »
I don't think that any place is better than any other when it comes to rocks and crystals.  It just takes a really long time to find them all.  The SimsVIP is definitely an easier collection to complete than any of the others you dig up (rocks, crystals, elements, fossils).  I completed it long before the others.  The presence of treasure maps that you can dig up also helps with this collection while making the others harder to find.  Good luck.  I hope you find it soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 02:12:07 AM »
I've gotten both the fire opal and the Jolinquist, but I thought that elements only came from metals?

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:07:12 AM »
Nah you can get elements from both crystals and metals. I just reallly want the last one!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
You're probably already doing this, but since you have the MySims collection complete, you can just sell the treasure maps and unopened time capsules without using them.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 05:37:07 AM »
Yeah that's what I'm doing. But it's just bugging me when there is a crystal rock that should give me a metal or a crystal and I get a capsule or a map which I don't need anymore. Bleh

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »
I'm moving this to Miscellaneous Help Board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:16:25 AM »
Crytacoo can come from crystals or metals.

Crystals -- Jonquilyst (high chance) or Fire Opal (low chance).
Metals -- Crytunium (medium chance) or Literalite (low chance).

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
Is there anyway to know where to look for those metals and crystals?

Offline justme2

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 04:41:16 AM »
Hi ZoeLou -- my mother-in-law is also a Zoe.  8)

You basically just dig underneath any of the special rocks that look like crystals are embedded in them. You'll find them all over various neighborhoods, but if it's your first time in a neighborhood it might take a day or two for them to spawn. I just moved to a different area in Willow Creek (it's the area alongside the canal where the steamboat runs) and there are a bunch there -- either that or the presence of a Sim with the geek trait enhances the spawning (I gave my teen Sim that trait because she's going to be an eGamer). I'm not sure if any particular one is more likely to produce rarer items.