Author Topic: Building a micro-home question.  (Read 1813 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Building a micro-home question.
« on: February 22, 2020, 04:35:31 PM »
I know a lot about game play in The Sims 4, but my building skills aren't the greatest. I have a question about tiny homes. What exactly counts towards square footage? I know anything with a foundation counts. And anything inclosed with walls roof and floors as well cout. If you have no roof or floors does it count like a court yard? How about if it has flooring and a roof but no walls and is not on a foundation like a papillion? Thank you in advance. I am thinking of building a live in outdoor science center  but weather is an issue for most equipment, and I don't want to waste time building to find out it isn't feasible.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Building a micro-home question.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
If you have just a roof- make a room, give it a roof, demolish the walls and floor again- that doesn't count.  Floor patterns applied to the ground don't count either.  Also, you can place fences as fences (rather than place walls and then make them fences) and they won't count.

Oh, and your levitating roof left over from when you demolished the room out from under it-- it will look less silly if you place some columns to hold it up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:39:14 PM »
@scoed

I've fully fenced in the basketball court, but it's not creating a room, and it's not adding to the tile count. I think this is exactly what you're asking.

Also, my family is broke.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »
Thanks @Brian_Z  and @Heart Foam. This will info will help a lot. I have a scientist/caster sim who wants to be a mom and have a full lab but is into tiny living. She needs more room and I was thinking how to make her dreams real. Weather was the biggest concern and the Pillared roof will protect the lab equipment from rain and the kids can have the micro-home. Thanks again.

anything