Author Topic: Trouble harvesting plants away from the home lot  (Read 17903 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Trouble harvesting plants away from the home lot
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 03:08:05 AM »
Well I've started a new game with a new gardening sim and so far everything is working as it should. Plants are spawning, growing and harvestable in all lots, yeah!  :D And this sim can take cuttings, woot! I guess the only thing I've done differently right from the beginning was to click on the plants. I haven't made my sim 'view' the plants but I have spent some time on each lot and made sure the plants were actually growing before heading home and then revisiting the next day or so.

So maybe the first game/sim was glitched or maybe the clicking on the plants trigger growth? Not sure, either way it's all going good this time around.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »
I've got this problem with rocks - they respawn fine on my home neighborhood, but when I travel to Oasis Springs I was only ever able to harvest rocks once. They just never respawned, even if I fish for ages by the pond in the park, or chat and hang out with Zest for hours. Did anyone come up with any solution? Is this just a bug for now?

Thank you! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:47 PM »
I've had plenty of success with respawning as long as I spend time on the lot. By time, I mean sim hours, not just an hour or so.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:45:24 AM »
As near as I can tell, the "rocks" respawn every 24hrs. So you would have to spend at least that much time on the lot before they have respawned. That said, I have had trouble with them not respawning.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »
Rocks and frogs seem to respawn fine for me, but I have no end of trouble with the plants. It's hard to spend 24 sim hours (or more!) on certain lots, which makes it more difficult to get all the plants in the game.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 12:27:52 AM »
I have had this problem too.  Very frustrating.  I had the bizarre notion that maybe you need to have some connection to the area.  For instance, my sim can harvest in her own surroundings and in the lot where she used to live but cannot in the other town or the other lot where she has never lived and knows nobody.  I have had no trouble with the frogs or the rocks so maybe it is just a bug.

I have also found that the plants, grown at home do not die if they are looked after - not ever.  I wonder if this is intended.  Seems strange that they would not eventually die of old age.

By the way, totally unrelated, but I have had a plate of food sitting on the side walk near my sim's house for umpteen sim years and it never spoils.