Author Topic: Townie Sims Disappearing!  (Read 8994 times)

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
Townie Sims Disappearing!
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
This is the third time it has happened to my sim who is working  on achieving her Romantic Aspiration. She'll have a strong romantic relationship with a townie sim and then suddenly the Sim disappears. They are no longer in the relationship panel or deceased. It's like they never existed at all. It's very frustating because relationships are hard enough to build/keep especially romantic ones without letting other romantically involved sims notice, but all my hard work to maintain them and then they just disappear!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Townie Sims Disappearing!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »
This is happening to me too.  It is particularly infuriating with town children because they should age in tandem with my sims and suddenly no longer exist halfway through childhood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheAshpie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
It's so annoying. I resorted to only making friends and having relationships with people living in the town. It shouldn't have to be this way! Also my town is not auto filling itself like I selected in the options. As in every house in each city is empty unless I've moved a family into it. Bleh!

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:07:07 AM »
Yep, same here, I keep adding in households full of teenagers for my Sims to date and to have potential spouses when they age up but the households keep disappearing. I had them in the "Not in this World" so now I'm trying by putting a household on a lot I'm not using.

I'll let you know what happens and I'm going to go forum searching to see if anyone else is having this issue & if it's a bug.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »
got the same problem and I have the refill town option on... look forward to hearing if there is a fix or workaround.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:09 AM »
It's a known bug.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
I had the girlfriend of my sim's son (not actively playing but living in a neighborhood house) just randomly move out of their house with the grandkids.  The really weird thing, the son stayed living in the house. The GF, her sisters and the kids, gone.

Edit.  Happened again today with another offspring family in my game. This time I was paying more attention to about the time it happened. It happened right around the time the grandkids aged up to teenager. So looks like some kind of bug when they age up outside of the active household. Wonder if it is another bug related to the "beloved" aspiration trait as my sim has that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »
An update on this... The reason behind grandkids in other households disappearing from my game does in fact seem to be caused by the "beloved" reward trait. I used cheats to get rid of it. The next grandkid didn't disappear when he aged up to teen years like the others had.

anything