Author Topic: Bubble effect on age bar.  (Read 11500 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Bubble effect on age bar.
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
I've heard rumors that a bubbly age bar means the sim will soon die of old age. Can anyone confirm?

Also, does anyone know if personal inventories work like in ts3 when a death occur?

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: Bubble effect on age bar.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
Personal inventory seems to go to family inventory rather than widow's or child's.  Also, my Sim had a potion on him that didn't make it to the family inventory when he died.  The game does give a couple of warnings before a Sim dies of old age.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
My first Sim to die of old age had a bubbly bar for four days with two warnings before he finally passed on.  Right before his son's birthday party too!   Oddly, even though the whole family was home, no one came to mourn him, he died in the back yard and everyone else was inside making food for the party and getting homework done.  Grim even came over and hung out for the rest of the afternoon and the party!  I put him in a nice graveyard that I built, and no one's gone over to mourn either.  As far as the family is concerned it's like he never existed to them.  A big change from 3 where the grief moodlet lasted for days unless you wiped it with the motivator.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
I think the bubbles just indicate that the age bar has been filled and death is therefore close.  I've only had one sim die so far, and I also had two warnings but I thought they were at three days before death and about a day before death.  I read somewhere that the timing of the first warning is a bit variable - not only do sims live differing numbers of days, but the warning could be 3-5 days before death.  I'm playing a legacy at the moment and I'll try to remember to keep an eye on the bar and the timings of the notifications to test this, though.

The deceased sim in my game died while fishing in his neighborhood.  The tombstone didn't appear where he died, and I eventually found an urn tucked between pieces of furniture near the front door.  I placed it in a far corner of the yard, well out of my sims' paths.  They keep autonomously going over to it and mourning, and it's been 11 or 12 days since the death.  Two of the sims, his spouse and eldest child, even wake up with a visit to the grave cued.  After the first time sims mourned, I started cancelling the action as they get a long sad mood from going to the stone, but I also wonder if letting them mourn 3 or 4 times would stop the autonomous action eventually.  It may also have to do with the level of the relationship they had with the deceased.  I've noticed that the dead still appear in the relationship panel, and perhaps the relationship has to be at a certain level for mourning to occur and then drop before the mourning stops.  This is also something I want to watch as other sims age and die.

Offline xsansara

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:50:47 PM »
I concur with stitching_JA. I had a similar case, when the mother was very popular with the kids and she was mourned a lot. The dad was mean (literally) and had some negative with both his son and daughter. They completely ignore his grave.

So, from a purely game effectiveness perspective, it would make sense to get into a fight with your kids when your end nears so they don't have to suffer as much... and you should never actively mourn, since it just gives you a bad moodlet and nothing good. In TS3, the moodlet was cut in half by mourning, this made sense.

On the topic of not handling death as decently as one might. It just occured to me that sadness is one of the few emotions you cannot die from, when actually ... well Robin Williams certainly didn't laugh himself to death.

Talking about a game not teaching a life lesson. I have to say this hypocritical lying-for-children makes me angry, not very angry, but it will probably pass in 2 hours anyway, just like pixeled breastfeeding. I just have to make sure my son does not play the game unsupervised, otherwise he will just ask at the funeral of his grand-aunt why we don't give her a potion of resurrection. Oh, ups , that was another game.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
My sims social meter wasn't maxxed out with the deceased husband, but they weren't low either.  And today I had a guest on the lot that trekked right over to the graveyard to mourn him (my first mourner!) and she was a new spawned townie who'd never met him once.  I plan on inviting her in to be the wife of generation 2, so I'll see if her habit of mourning continues.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:51:27 PM »
On the topic of not handling death as decently as one might. It just occured to me that sadness is one of the few emotions you cannot die from, when actually ... well Robin Williams certainly didn't laugh himself to death.

The simgurus have specifically said they didn't include "death from sadness", as it's a bit too realistic, and the game is meant to be light-hearted.

I had an elder sim die yesterday. I had two warnings, about two days apart, and I think they died the day after their age bar had turned bubbly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »
My first Sim died in the middle of a party (of course) and 2 of her children and. Daughter in law saw it happen. Her husband was inside the house and never noticed or mourned or went to her grave. They were soulmates and BFFs and their relationship bars were always filled to the max.

As far as the age bubble, I have observed pretty much the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anything