Author Topic: What's the best career for........  (Read 13079 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
What's the best career for........
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »
There's a lot of Aspirations out there so I'm wondering what you all think are the best careers for some of them, like a gardener or a curator? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: What's the best career for........
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
Here's a list I made just now, definitely not complete:

Aspiration  -  Career
Painter Extraordinaire  -  Painter
Bestselling Author  -  Writer
Musical Genius  -  Entertainer>Music
Public Enemy  -  Criminal
Master Mixologist  -  Culinary>Mixology
Master Chef  -  Culinary>Chef
Computer Whiz  -  Tech Guru
Joke Star  -  Entertainer>Comedy

Is this what you meant?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
More or less, Naga.  What I was after was more like, "I made my Sim have the aspiration, Curator and for a job I chose, Astronaut.  She needed to.........her rewards were........I loved/hated this mix because....."

Right now I have two Sims.  One is a gardener married to a chef.  He's employed in the culinary career and is busy maxing his skills in cooking and mixology, but he also has "creative" in his mix so he likes to paint.  I like this so far because I can put him busy at the easel or reading a skill book while my gardener runs around collecting things.  Today she built a rocket ship.  Why?  Just to see where it would lead since she is unemployed.  I really don't know what an optimal career option is for her but so far this is pretty much a traditional, Beaver Cleaver type household.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »
I'm really liking Astronaut (which I'm playing as we speak) because after level 4 or 5, they only work 3 days a week, and they're not even consecutive (it's Monday, Wednesday and Friday). It's a good job for collectors and gardeners. Later on (at level 7) you'll need Logic and Fitness, but until then it's not that hard.

I could say that the same thing applies to Tech Guru. Very low amount of time spent "working", and not many days a week.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
I  have an astronaut on the moon mercenary path, which requires mischief and programming as well as needing the logic and fitness from the basic career (and rocket science if you want to do your daily task!).  Probably the *best* aspiration I could have chosen was Nerd Brain in the Knowledge branch, because it centers around logic and rocket science and would have worked hand in hand.

I of course then took writing for my aspiration, which has zero crossover, but I feel it rounds out the sim very well.  Yes, she's a space jockey zooming around the stars, but on her time off, she loves to write and even though she only has a few books to her name, she's very proud of them and has finally gotten a professional publisher to accept her work.  Her tech guru husband who's on the start up path also has a contrary aspiration of music. 

I suppose matching up aspirations and careers will depend on whether or not you're trying to be efficient in maxing them out.  Joke stars will have it much easier if they're a comedian but they might be more satisfying to play if they are just the world's funniest secret agent.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
One of my little Sim families has an unemployed gardener who has a massive garden and a penchant for repairing things.  She's built a rocket ship in the backyard and just from that is level 5 in rocket science and level 5 in handiness.  Actually, she's pretty high in a lot of things, cooking, comedy and I don't even remember all the rest.  I didn't particularly pursue anything except having her gather everything she could and garden, so all the other things happened accidentally, like through social actions, (comedy), or needing entertainment, (playing games).  She and her spouse always have full social bars because they are always together except when he is at work.  She just had her first child so I think rockets are not in her immediate future, although being an astronaut is the only career I actually considered for her.

Her hubby is a chef and had progressed up the ladder rapidly.  I'm really not sure why, but he's done pretty much everything to become a master chef without much effort or managing.  Ok, I did have him cook, cook, cook, but he never got stuck without getting promoted.  It seemed a pretty easy career to me, but I always have loved the cooking/gardening/fishing combo in Sims3.  He also has worked in the garden some and is level 4 at gardening,  at level 6 painting, (I sent him to paint to keep him inspired for work), and level 5 mixology.  He's chosen the chef branch so we'll see how that turns out.  I found the best thing for his career was to keep him inspired so my advice is put whatever decorative items you can around wherever he will be that give off inspired aura.  I have those lamps you get from having a lot of Sims3 stuff so used them everywhere.  Prior to figuring that out it was thoughtful shower before work and painting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
Joria, you'll probably do quite well keeping your gardener/curator unemployed.  Gardening and collecting are both quite time-intensive and they get lucrative once the garden quality evolves.  This is especially true if your other Sim has a career.  My gardener/curator is quite well off now, without ever having had a career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
The only thing keeping my gardener/curator back now is she is a mom and kids are pretty demanding.  Of course it does make for some cute screen shots.  She's rounding out her collections by going into space, sells a ton of superb quality produce and all the stuff she collects and doesn't need.

Hubby Chef helps in the garden and does a lot of kid help.  His daughter is definitely Daddy's girl and gives mom a lot of lip.  He gets the benefit of the social interactions and the good veggies for his gourmet meals.

----------
My No Buy Story