Author Topic: Skill Bug and Aspiration Bug?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
Skill Bug and Aspiration Bug?
« on: September 10, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »
Hi all,

My cooking sim seems to be having some trouble here. To be promoted from Line Cook (5) to Head Mix/Chef (6) he needs Level 4 Mixology skill. I currently have level 3 and am unable to progress any further. I have Mixology Vol. 2 and did have a bar, I made him stand there tending bar for hours and the skill bar didn't even pop up. Same with the book, he reads it in about one game hour and no progress to skills what so ever. This has been going on for a while.

So, long story short, I can't have him promoted or anything which is kind of frustrating.

Secondly, has anyone else been having a ton of trouble -holding- the inspired moodlet long enough to complete a dish? I'm trying to fulfill the make meals 10 times while inspired, and getting inspired is fine, but for some stupid reason you have to -remain- inspired through the whole process for it to register.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Skill Bug and LA bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 05:54:35 AM »
If you watch the cooking channel on TV your sim should become inspired and that gives a moodlet that lasts four hours also I'm pretty sure a thoughtful shower does the same.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:02:36 AM »
In Sims 4, the first book of a skill (in this case, Mixology Vol. 1) goes up to skill level 4, so you kind of skipped it a little bit, that's why you're not making progress on it.

Also, cooking high-level Gourmet Meals gives you two +2 Inspired moodlets. I believe they're called Gourmand and Epic Meal.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:33:23 AM »
In Sims 4, the first book of a skill (in this case, Mixology Vol. 1) goes up to skill level 4, so you kind of skipped it a little bit, that's why you're not making progress on it.

That would probably explain it, I will try going back to book one, thanks!

I will also try the thoughtful shower, I was already watching the TV to get the moodlet, but he would lose it upon entering the kitchen....and even if he didn't lose the moodlet it would be 'overpowered' by something else (happy, uncomfortable etc) and the food wouldn't count towards the total.

As I said before, I have no trouble -getting- the moodlet, only keeping it or having it apply through the whole meal and not be overpowered by some other mood.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:46 AM »
What is LA from the subject line?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 07:14:19 AM »
Life Aspiration, haha sorry :)

Interestingly, I've found his Mixology skill is now increasing using a higher priced bar. The cheap bar did not raise his skills. Was using the sloop, now using the money maker which is the next one up.

Moodlets gained from showers also seem to be harder to lose or have overpowered the moment I step into the kitchen, in case anyone is wondering, finally got the ten meals finished.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
If you own a bar at home and Tend Bar, you need to have guests or family around to actually make drinks for and skill up. Otherwise, just Make Drinks to increase your skill at the bar.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 05:01:01 AM »
Ah ha, so having him stand there to tend the bar in and of itself isn't going to do anything.

Thanks =]

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:44 AM »

As I said before, I have no trouble -getting- the moodlet, only keeping it or having it apply through the whole meal and not be overpowered by some other mood.

Try multi tasking, move your TV into the kitchen or where your bar is. I use the plumbob lamps that came as a reward for having TS3 in my kitchen so if you have those they are really, really good for giving your sims the right emotion.
This page might help you with some more ideas. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20961.0.html

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Skill Bug and Aspiration Bug?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 06:34:40 AM »
Thank you :)

I wondered what the point of those lamps was, I will try both of these ideas next time I need it.

Also thanks for the link :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Skill Bug and Aspiration Bug?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:19 AM »
Your welcome  :)