Author Topic: Mischief and Violin  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Mischief and Violin
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
I've just published two at once, in order to play catch up after some downtime. We now have Violin and the Mischief Skill (featuring Voodoo). While the musical instrument skills are somewhat simple, the Mischief skill is pretty entertaining for the player. It doesn't have major gameplay impacts, aside from the ability to use the Voodoo Doll to mess up Grim's powers and cause him to inadvertently resurrect a Sim!

Also, if you're somehow in the dark, the Immortal Dynasty Challenge has been adapted for The Sims 4. Hooray! Thank you Metro and everyone else involved. I'm excited to share it with our guests at the Guide.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mischief and Violin
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 09:33:24 PM »
The Mischief guide is great. Just enough information balanced against spoiling the fun of exploring it in game. Well done. I have to add that I normally play very good, moral sims, I have now been converted... the mischief skill is SO much fun to play with! Bring it on!  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
Great guides! The mischief one is informative for me since I haven't experimented with that yet. :)

A note on the Violin skill though: I wrote several compositions via the violin (for my legacy) and when I licensed one song and tried to license another, it said something along the lines of, "you can only license a song once a week" or something to that effect. Something I found out too late in the game. It might come useful as a cash possibility for future simmers, so it might be worth looking into. The latter part of the article was a little vague on the frequency of licensing possible.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:53 AM »
Yes, that's a good point. I don't know exactly how many days it runs at this point (licensing). I will try to do some testing with that when I'm working on something else, so that I can give a hard line. I'm sure it dwindles a bit like books/games as the song gets older, just haven't sat there and waited until it ran its course.