Author Topic: Making friends.. Is it tougher to do in TS4? It sure seems to be!  (Read 5686 times)

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
Re: Making friends.. Is it tougher to do in TS4? It sure seems to be!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 09:16:04 PM »
Personality definitely has an impact. With one sim I had a group having a 'hilarious repartee' conversation, then I tried the same joke/chat options on another stranger sim and it said he was bored.  :o I became all indignant on my sims behalf! How dare you be bored talking to me, I'm amusing!

For sure. One of my Sims had struck up a random conversation with a guy walking down the street in front of the house, the friendship meter filled up so quickly, I was shocked. I had reached "good friend" status in no time. I guess some Sims just click with each other more than others.
Hi!

Offline Sixotoo

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 05:13:23 AM »
I was having this problem too until I figured out the easy way. Go to the park and introduce yourself to as many sims as you can find. Then go home and chat them all up on the computer until they are all friends. Its under Other, socialize, chat with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Feekish

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 08:00:09 AM »
I am working on the friend to the world aspiration and I am stuck on having BFFs, I have fully maxed the friend bars with 10 people and it hasn't come up with any of them, anyone else having that problem?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 08:16:02 AM »
@Feekish - I have heard that the BFF interaction is bugged. You can only be a BFF with one sim at the time right now, you need to "break up" with your BFF in order to get the option to ask someone else. Also, if you are using the ts4 style social menu it may not always come up - switch to the ts3 style menu in the game options and you will have access to all the friendly interactions at once, it should be there.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
As for the BFF requirement of Friend of the World, since it's bugged there is really only two ways to fix it.

- Choice A - You must be mean to your BFF until the green bar is almost non-existent. Just before it disappears and begins turning red you will notice you are no longer BFF's. Another sim mentioned if you call your BFF at night when they are sleeping, over and over and over again, it drops the relationship bar also.

- Choice B - Hit Control+Shift+C to open the console. Type "testingcheats true" without quotation marks. Then type "aspirations.complete_current_milestone" and it will finish that step for you.

Until the bug is officially patched, these are the ONLY options.