Author Topic: Turning a NPC into Regular Sim  (Read 3119 times)

Offline StamperCat

• Llama Wrangler
Turning a NPC into Regular Sim
« on: July 14, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »
I had read some posts about using sims you make into NPC's by putting them on a lot and then evicting them so they were classified as Not In World and thus used as NPC's around town. Sounded great so I just took some NPC's into CAS with the cheat CAS.fulleditmode to make into regular sims for me to play. I changed their Aspirations & Traits and clothing. Saved them and put them into my world. But the problem arose that they still get emotions related to traits I had deleted and changed.
EXAMPLE: NPC has a kleptomaniac trait that I changed to Genius. But she gets the bad moodlet of Tense because she hasn't stolen anything. I have seen this kind of thing happen with 3 different sims I have changed. Sorry if this has been reported before, but be forewarned this will happen if you decide to do what I did. From now on, I will just delete the NPC's and create them from scratch if I want my own creations running around town. And I won't put any NPC's that I have changed into town to play.  :(

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Turning a NPC into Regular Sim
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:05:23 PM »
I had read some posts about using sims you make into NPC's by putting them on a lot and then evicting them so they were classified as Not In World and thus used as NPC's around town. Sounded great so I just took some NPC's into CAS with the cheat CAS.fulleditmode to make into regular sims for me to play. I changed their Aspirations & Traits and clothing. Saved them and put them into my world. But the problem arose that they still get emotions related to traits I had deleted and changed.
EXAMPLE: NPC has a kleptomaniac trait that I changed to Genius. But she gets the bad moodlet of Tense because she hasn't stolen anything. I have seen this kind of thing happen with 3 different sims I have changed. Sorry if this has been reported before, but be forewarned this will happen if you decide to do what I did. From now on, I will just delete the NPC's and create them from scratch if I want my own creations running around town. And I won't put any NPC's that I have changed into town to play.  :(

Have you tried making an "Identical Twin" of your creation in CAS using the Genetics feature?
You would end up with the same-looking sim with no residual traits but also without skills or reward traits. Also, you wouldn't need to use cas.fulleditmode.
Save your original sim to your library, then create a sim to move into an empty lot. Load your target sim, make your twin, delete original (if you want), then save twin to library.
Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline StamperCat

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Turning a NPC into Regular Sim
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

anything