Author Topic: Some screenshots missing?  (Read 3903 times)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Some screenshots missing?
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:07:39 AM »
Does anyone else feel like some of their screenshots are missing from the appropriate folder?

Some of the shots I literally just took didn't show up. Ideas?

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Some screenshots missing?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
Does anyone else feel like some of their screenshots are missing from the appropriate folder?

Some of the shots I literally just took didn't show up. Ideas?

They don't always end up in the right order depending on how you view your folder. The format is Date_Time_ I've had them pop up somewhere in the middle before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
I've also had disappearing screenshots. I was never able to get a definite answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
@justproud2b, thanks for the note about order. I did find a few in the middle. What's odd is that the same 3 like to stay at the end.

@jodysuzanne, did you post a bug on the official EA forum?

I just moved all screenshots to a new folder and am keeping track of how many new ones I take so I can have some concrete evidence/details if some do disappear.

Thank you, both!

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Some screenshots missing?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
@lindsay, I I realize now that while my screenshots do delete themselves, the problem I was searching for an answer was for the disappearing re-colored clothes in CAS. So I didn't search hard for the answer, and I only posted on this forum.
 Here is the link to that post: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20529

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 02:16:49 PM »
In my last post, I mentioned moving all of my previous screenshots to a new folder so that I could count the new ones as I took them to "prove" they were disappearing. What surprised me though, is that when I was in game, looking at my sim's album, the screenshots that I had moved were still there. (The link wasn't broken by me moving the file locations.) This makes me think that they may be stored in 2 different locations. Perhaps the screenshots folder we see is updated from another one where screenshots are saved in real time as they are taken. That could explain why my newest screenshots sometimes don't show up right away.

Just a guess though. Someone who can read the code might be able to verify or correct this theory.  :)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »
You may have copied then instead of moving them. I have tested it a few times and removing screenshots while game is up creates llama icons to replace them. Upon restarting the game no screenshots are there. I move my screenshots as well to organize for projects and stories.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »
@justproud2b, no, I definitely moved and did not just copy them.

I just looked into it further though and realized that viewing memories is different from viewing screenshots.

After moving the screenshot files, all of the hundreds of screenshots that I made into "memories" are still viewable in the memory timeline, which is what first opens when you click the "Memories & Pictures" button.

If I click the "view screenshots" button at the bottom left-hand corner of the memory timeline, then only the screenshots that are left in that folder can be seen.

So, making a screenshot into a memory must save a copy of it somewhere else.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »
@justproud2b, no, I definitely moved and did not just copy them.

I just looked into it further though and realized that viewing memories is different from viewing screenshots.

After moving the screenshot files, all of the hundreds of screenshots that I made into "memories" are still viewable in the memory timeline, which is what first opens when you click the "Memories & Pictures" button.

If I click the "view screenshots" button at the bottom left-hand corner of the memory timeline, then only the screenshots that are left in that folder can be seen.

So, making a screenshot into a memory must save a copy of it somewhere else.

Could this not "bloat" the files making your game slow or crash?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 03:07:05 AM »
I've been looking for this discussion so I could post a follow-up, but I couldn't remember where it was haha. Anyways, I found all of the memory files, and they are, in fact, saved separately from the screenshots. So, keep in mind that every time you "make a screenshot a memory," you are creating an additional file.

I want to delete them in hopes of improving game performance, but I'm a bit nervous to mess with those files.

Also, deleting memories in-game is buggy. It only actually deletes the first few that you try to delete.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »
I've been looking for this discussion so I could post a follow-up, but I couldn't remember where it was haha. Anyways, I found all of the memory files, and they are, in fact, saved separately from the screenshots. So, keep in mind that every time you "make a screenshot a memory," you are creating an additional file.

I want to delete them in hopes of improving game performance, but I'm a bit nervous to mess with those files.

Also, deleting memories in-game is buggy. It only actually deletes the first few that you try to delete.

Where do you even find the memories?  I'd like to delete all of them.  I keep my screenshots out of my EA files since I found some of them missing as well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery