Author Topic: Question starting a new game  (Read 2783 times)

Offline dhuffer

• Nooboo
Question starting a new game
« on: September 09, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »
I was trying to start a new game last night I used the plus sign in the upper right hand corner of the screen. However when the new game started my old family was still in the house that I had them in prior to the game restart?  How do you totally "restart" the game fresh with out reinstalling?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Question starting a new game
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 07:55:35 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, dhuffer.  I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
That should have worked. Did you try it again? Or restart your game to see if that helped?

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:45 AM »
Did you make sure to go through the CAS process and create a new Sim/family and press the check mark to proceed, or did you exit out of CAS before finishing that?

I just went through and created a new Sim and didn't have an issue, weird that you are. Did you try restarting the actual game (close/exit Sims 4, then open again)?
Hi!

Offline dhuffer

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:58 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, dhuffer.  I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board.

Thanks for the welcome - sorry I put this in the wrong place to start with :)

Offline dhuffer

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »
Did you make sure to go through the CAS process and create a new Sim/family and press the check mark to proceed, or did you exit out of CAS before finishing that?

I just went through and created a new Sim and didn't have an issue, weird that you are. Did you try restarting the actual game (close/exit Sims 4, then open again)?

I don't think I went through CAS I will try again tonight I am at work right now.....  We will see what happens...

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
Every day at the official forums there are threads with questions answered by Grant and Graham. One is at 9 to 10AM west coast time and the other is sometime in the afternoon (no specific time set).

Yesterday I asked about starting a new game and it appears there is some sort of bug in starting one. What happened to me was that I started a new game, was ushered back through CAS and through the tutorial, again.

Grant told me yesterday that there is a bug when starting a new game, they are aware of it and working on it.  Maybe your problem is just another result of the bug?

If you'd like to see some of the bugs they are aware of....

Grant's daily talk

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779362/ask-simguru-grant-a-9-10-daily-chat/p1

Afternoon session with a guru

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782192/ask-a-simguru-afternoon-edition/p1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything