Author Topic: Difference between teens and adults?  (Read 9959 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Difference between teens and adults?
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
Maybe I'm the only one but I really have a hard time finding out which townies are teens and which ones are (young) adults. I've got a teenage sim in my household right now and I thought it would be fun to set him up with a teenage girl. So I went to the park. But I just couldn't figure out whether i was talking to teens or adults.

Sometimes I thought a sim really looked like a teen, but then I got the option: 'ask about woohoo' so that means they are a (young) adult right? at least that's what I'm assuming at this point. Also I thought that the interaction 'complain about parents' might mean they are teens, but then I got the option to ask about woohoo with that same sim too. So I'm lost :P

Is there a way to tell that it is a teen sim? The fact that they made them the same height makes it impossible at this point :P It might be that I'm missing some easy way to distinguish them? I don't know haha.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: difference between teens and adults?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »
There really isn't an easy way to tell just by looking at them. I've found the best way to tell is to see if you get Romance options when having a teen talk to a Sim. If you do, they are a teen, if there is no Romance option they are an adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »
Teens have two traits, Adults have 3.  You can see 2 or 3 unknown or known traits.
- Jessica

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
Teens also have much higher-pitched voices than young adults, at least if they are male.  I died laughing when I aged my demo household down in CAS...

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: Difference between teens and adults?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:14:22 AM »
Ah I wasn't sure about the traits, but that might be an easy way to tell. The romance thing too. I somehow thought that teens also had 3 traits, but I haven't checked. So I guess I'm wrong about that :P

Thanks for the help. I'll try and find some teen townies tonight. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
Maybe that "ask about woohoo" option was just teenage curiousity?  Maybe they don't teach that in school there.   ::)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 01:58:55 PM »
I think Ask about WooHoo is something a Teen can ask an Adult. The adults can also "Give the WooHoo talk" to a Teen.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
I think Ask about WooHoo is something a Teen can ask an Adult. The adults can also "Give the WooHoo talk" to a Teen.

You can ask other teens too.  My sim has the option with her twin sister.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

Oh, dear heavens~~!  Now I'm loling  because this is too close to home, having had to give the"WhooHoo talk" too many times including just recently.  How funny.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KatieAnne

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »
I read somewhere online that teens don't have romances. Not to completely ruin everyone's day. Not to happy about that because now without teen romances and toddlers what is the point of even having children. Those were my favorite parts.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Teens can woohoo with each other now, however, they cannot become pregnant.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 08:25:04 PM »
Teens can woohoo with each other now, however, they cannot become pregnant.

I know this also is now a fact in RL, (except they can and do often get pregnant), but I think it should have been left out of the game.  Older, more moralistic person speaking who dislikes the new trend to make sex more like a sport or general entertainment rather than an affect of love.  Just my opinion folks.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
I read somewhere online that teens don't have romances. Not to completely ruin everyone's day. Not to happy about that because now without teen romances and toddlers what is the point of even having children. Those were my favorite parts.

IGN's guide says there is no romance for teens.  This is patently wrong.  They have the new "mess around" interaction and "reveal crush" as well.  I've sent my teens on full fledged dates that end in exchanging promise rings.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 10:08:32 AM »

Not true in the slightest.

I've had many sim teens go through a whole romantic relationship as teens, no issue whatsoever. They can go on full dates, "mess around" with each other (a.k.a woohoo), fall in love and go through the stages - reveal crush/confess attraction, ask to be girl/boyfriend, exchange promise rings, have the same relationship indicators as adults (like lovebirds, sweetheart, soulmates), etc. Many people on the forums have been talking about how they've had teens in their game "mess around", yet how would that be true if there were no romance between teens?

Also, there is plenty of reason to have children setting aside the romance options. New aspirations for kids to fulfill, new toys and objects to explore the use of, new interactions with other sims, etc. There's definitely a lot of depth to children in this game.
Hi!

Offline KatieAnne

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »
Okay thanks it was the IGN guide that I read that in and Ellenser that was my favorite part so for me there would be no point. I will have to find a teenager in the world for my guy.