Author Topic: Saving Screenshots  (Read 2016 times)

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
Saving Screenshots
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:25:48 AM »
Just noticed the place to show your screenshots to.  How do you save the screenshot there?  Thank you ☼
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
Re: Saving Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
You can use the C key on your keyboard to take screencaptures.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
Hi IgnorantBliss, thank you for your reply.  I have saved the screenshots that way and I can see them in my Screen Save Folder, but it was how to put them on the site here I don't know how to do. 
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »
You would need to register with Photobucket or another site to be able to get pictures on the forum.  I know there are a few other sites out there, but since I only use photobucket, not quite sure. I tend to stick to something if I like it.  I am sure there are others that use different ones.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
Walms I use Mediafire for my screenshots.  It is a free service.  Once you've set up an account there you would click "Upload".  This will take you to a drop down box giving you an option to choose from computer or the web.  Choose computer.  This will take you to an "uploader" screen.  Click on the center of that and it will take you to your computer where you would browse to find where you have stored your screenies.  For me I keep them in a file folder on my desktop so it's easy to find.  Open that folder, select the picture or group of pictures you want to upload and select "Begin Upload".  This will put them in your Mediafire files.  You then click on the picture which will take you to where it shows open.  Right click on the picture and select "Copy image URL".  Now, in order to post that here, look up at all those items above your "Post Reply" .  Under the large B is an icon that says "insert image".  Click on that and it will put it in the reply box with a blinking cursor in the middle.  Now you hit "paste" from your tool bar or just go with Control v to paste.  The url will then show up between the brackets where the blinking cursor was.  Next, check "Preview" to make sure the picture actually shows up.  If it does you are good to go and can either type more or just hit post.

The steps are similar for Photobucket.  I don't use Photobucket because I've lost pictures there and there are very few you can actually keep there.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:31 PM »
Thank you all for your help.  I have found out how to do it, I used Photobucket.  It took a while but I "got it" in the end ☼

Albert Einstein

anything